Blink cameras not connecting

Timrpn
Contributor

Hello, I recently switched from Cogeco and had no problems with my blink camera system. I have tried to connect my sync module 2 to my gigabit and blink keeps saying wrong password. It is not wrong, I have typed it very carefully a number of times and also have copy/pasted it.  I have got everything else to connect but this will not. Any ideas why I can’t get it to work?

5 REPLIES 5

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Good Day & Welcome to the Bell Community Forum

Blink has a very excellent support site. Have you by chance had a look at it? If not, I have copied a few of their suggestions for your consideration: 

1. Often, when adding a camera or Sync Module to your Blink system, the password is mistyped. Try carefully re-entering your password. If you continue to receive the "Incorrect password for Your W-Fi" message, try the next steps.
  2. Passwords are case sensitive. Verify upper & lower case requirements & that what your entering matches your Wi-Fi network password.
  3. Try forgetting the Wi-Fi network on your mobile device's network settings, and then reconnect to it. If you can successfully reconnect using this method, your password is correct.
  4. Delete your old Cogeco Wi-Fi network connects

Using special characters (e.g., *, @, $, #) in your Wi-Fi password can sometimes create challenges during the initial setup of your Blink device. If you encounter any problems after confirming that your Wi-Fi password is correct, as outlined in the steps above, attempt the following troubleshooting steps:

Try changing your Wi-Fi password, ensuring it does not include any special characters. If you change your Wi-Fi password at any point after the initial setup, you must also update the password on your Blink devices and any other devices that connect to your Wi-Fi network.

Bell does not provide technical support for Blink security systems. Have you tried contacting Blink support?  I have included the following web link that may be of assistance to you.

Wi-Fi Information and Troubleshooting Guide — Blink Support (blinkforhome.com)

Thank you for reaching out for our assistance.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Honeybadger
Contributor

I went through this too. Changed it to 2.4 GHz and it worked fine for one month. Then it disconnected at 2:30am one day. Bell denied they changed it back but that's exactly what they did during an update. It took weeks to figure out what happened.

I have security cameras that only use the 2.4hz, had no issues when I first got them and now they aren’t hooking up to my wifi any longer. How do I fix that?  

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Easiest is to split the WiFi bands up.

Go into "Manage my wifi", turn off whole home wifi. Hit save and a advanced options button will appear. Click that and you can split the 2.4/5/6Ghz bands. I would give them different SSID's so it's easy to see what is what.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

AD_1987
Contributor

I am trying to connect my Sync Module for the last 2 days, Tried all the below but no luck.

1. split my network to 2.4 Ghz 

2. used simple passwords

3. Tried enabling guest network temporarily

4. Updated security to WPA/WPA2

None of them worked and still getting the incorrect password error repeatedly. Anyone had any luck on this?

Mine is XT2 model.