Email display on iPad - View / White Screen

Juju5
Contributor II

The View button does not change the layout of my bell.net email display.
I can only see a column of folders on the left hand side of screen and a column of incoming emails right to the bottom of the right hand side of screen. When I select an email the font changes to be unbolded, but I cannot see the content/body of the email on my iPad. What could be causing this problem? I get this standard answer “On the Mail tab, select View in the upper right of the screen.” The problem is that the View does not work for me. Can anyone help?

Same thing is happening on my sympatico.ca email display.

39 REPLIES 39

I see my original post on web mail performance has been moved to this thread. I am not using an IPAD but a Dell laptop.  My issue seems to be similar to what the other posters are experiencing.

I don't know what the "view" work around is. . 

When I use Chrome and Edge browsers, I can log into my Bell Webmail but then get only the web interface header (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Settings, etc.) and the email does not down load. After about a minute the screen goes blank and hangs.  I have no problems getting into webmail now that I have switched to the Firefox browser.

I did not try the suggested workaround as I am somewhat able to use Chrome to view my Webmail rather than Safari.

I checked yesterday opening Webmail in Safari (still on my iPad).  Webmail does now load and is not a white screen BUT the view button does not change when selecting any options.  In particular, I want to have back my List view!

Hoping troubleshooting by Bell technical is ongoing to solve these issues.

I am having the same issues. For the past few weeks the View options have NOT been working. 
Bell support is less than acceptable!Very frustrating!

Good afternoon everyone 🙂

We have confirmed with our email team that they've resolved the white screen error that some users were seeing.

Instead of using the View setting button on the iPhone/iPad the default view is set to vertical so message content can be seen.

Please let the Community know if you have any other trouble.

- Patricia 

Dougm51
Contributor II

This has NOT resolved the issue.

Still cannot change the "view"

I cleared ipad history and rebooted,

Same issue on 2 ipads and 1 iphone.

Frustrating to say the least!

Hi @Dougm51,

Thanks for your message.

When your iPad is held vertically, the View will expand automatically and allow you to see your message content.

Please try that out, and let us know how everything is working.

- Patricia

Dougm51
Contributor II

Hi Particia

That is not the real issue.

I cannot change the View from one option to the other

IE: List>Horizontal>Vertical

And that's the issue I am pretty sure everyone is having.

My device will not change from "Vertical" to "List" or "Horizonal".

Neither will my wife's ipad or iPhone

Hi Patricia,

Yes the email team did fix being able to view email in the desktop version on a iPad but they have not fixed the Preview Pane options, it is only in vertical view, the horizontal and list options do not work as Dougm51 has mentioned.  I am happy to be able to view my email again in desktop version without getting a white screen and having to refresh hundreds of times just to get things to show, but the team still has some work to do to fix the preview options.

Tom

What is the status of the view issues using webmail. 
I still cannot change the Preview pane, it is “Vertical” and cannot be changed to “List” or “Horizontal”

Very disappointed this issue has not been resolved by support as it is well over 2 months old. 

Judy420
Contributor II

I am with Dougm51, very disappointed with Bell.  

Would have thought after almost 2 months that the View issue would be FIXED.

All I wanted for Christmas is to have back my List view in the Preview pane!!