What is error 2000 on Bell modem 3000?

3 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

From Bell site:

"Error 2000 – Outage

• Error message: Currently unable to connect to the Bell servers. Try again later.

What to do: Try connecting again later. If the problem persists, please contact us. support.bell.ca/Contact-us. "

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

Hi there @Kevin4 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
We just wanted to check in to see if you are still experiencing issues with your service. If so we would recommend checking out our Virtual Repair ToolOpens in a new tab or window(it is great for remotely detecting and resolving issues) if accessible or our Outage CheckerOpens in a new tab or windowto see if there's an outage for your location.
Looking forward to hearing back.

Error Code 2000 : "Currently unable to connect to the Bell servers. Try again later."

I would suggest running the Virtual Repair Tool. I have included the web link below. This will identify whether there are any outages in your area.& it will attempt to repair them. Once this completes, I would also try to connect once again.

Internet: troubleshooting tools, virtual repair tool and support (bell.ca)

If after completing these earlier steps & you are still experiencing problems, I would suggest that you contact Bell Fibe Tech support. Call: 1 844 310-SURF (7873) 

The issue could be related to a defect within your modem or the fiber connection itself. 

Thank you for contacting the Bell Community Forum.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

88 REPLIES 88

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

From Bell site:

"Error 2000 – Outage

• Error message: Currently unable to connect to the Bell servers. Try again later.

What to do: Try connecting again later. If the problem persists, please contact us. support.bell.ca/Contact-us. "

mnk
Contributor II

My internet has gone out three times and I haven't even received my first bill. I've already documented my nightmare dealing with six different technician appointments just to get the fiber installed in the first place - but my internet went out briefly on February 16, and then permanently on Sunday afternoon (March 5) in the middle of a live event that then had to be cancelled. My internet service wasn't showing on the Bell app whatsoever, so I couldn't troubleshoot; and the Bell activation page showed a HH2000 (DSL modem) which isn't authorized for service on my account and definitely isn't what I have plugged in. I had to wait 48 hours for a tech to come for repairs, but no explanation of what actually happened. I haven't had any luck contacting corporate so far for compensation despite not having internet access for work and this being the second outage that I've experienced in my first month.

Now my internet just went out for a third time, less than 10 hours after it was finally fixed, with error code 2000. Is this normal for Bell? I've never heard of fiber internet being so unreliable.

Good day @mnk, welcome to the Bell Community.

We want to ensure this is being addressed, and have reached out to you via private message. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

- Patricia

Brendan
Contributor II

I currently have this error 2000 on my giga hub. 

I’ve rebooted the modem and tried the virtual repair but no joy. 

it’s a bit late now so I’m not gonna dig into it tonight. But any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi there @Brendan 
Thank you for your post.
We wanted to check in to see if you are still experiencing difficulties with your internet?

Thanks for checking in @BellNick

A tech (Craig) visited my house today and resolved the issue. He didn’t really clarify for me the precise issue but it seemed to be some sort of conflict that prevented the modem from authenticating to the network. 

He ended up changing my password and may have made some change at the remote wiring hut in the neighborhood. But I don’t have any specifics. 

I had this issue before  in Feb 2023 went without internet for a week, Bell Techs came over spend hours on the phone with no help was not giving any compensation for all the trouble and stress this caused. Does Bell not know that everything is connected to internet . With the internet service not working there's nothing a customer can do not to mention nothing works at the home. I had no tv and my home alarm was not working either due to the internet.  To simply leave a customer high and dry for week is very poor customer service.  All along the problem was with the connection at the junction box not too far from my house. It's starting to happen again I've received Error code 2000 twice in  in the past week I know what's coming next . Not about to deal with this issue again. I'm going to change my internet provider the internet is not reliable and there's no urgency from Bell to fix the issue. I don't trust the internet service . Calling in to Bell for help is a waste of time the person you speak to on the phone just gives you the run around over and over again and they don't know how to fix the issue. If a customer has an internet problem Bell should be quick in fixing the issue. Leaving a customer at home with no tv or internet not to mention all other things at the home that need the internet to work for a week just tells me what Bell thinks of there customers.

Hi there @Kevin4 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
We just wanted to check in to see if you are still experiencing issues with your service. If so we would recommend checking out our Virtual Repair ToolOpens in a new tab or window(it is great for remotely detecting and resolving issues) if accessible or our Outage CheckerOpens in a new tab or windowto see if there's an outage for your location.

Kevin4
Contributor II

Nick

Virtual Repair Tool is of no use when a client has no internet, please re-read my post. I say in the post what the problem was. I know what error 2000 is, it is an authentication problem , the modem is not connected to my service or my account. Ever since I switched my service from Bell 500 to 1.5 gig I've had problems with it going out. Again as a client who went through the hard time with the service. And having Bell reps when I call in lie to me on the phone about the issue and then tell me there's nothing they do and just leave me high and dry for week with no internet service. Again there is no urgency on behalf of Bell to fix the problem I the client had to tell them the issue and tell them the solution which is not my job I'm the client paying for a service. If you work for Bell look into to my account and see the notes on my account regarding the issues I was having. For anybody else  who has the Error 2000 problem don't waste your time on the phone with Bell they don't help tell them to send a tech and go to the junction box and change the port that your internet is connected too. The service is not what I thought it would be being fibre internet. There are many issues with the service the Virtual Repair Tool is useless when a client does not have any internet. Calling into to Bell for tech support is the last thing I want to do going forward from my past experience with them on the phone. 

Kevin.B