iptv application Casper Plus not working on Bell internet service

MRMR
Contributor

I have problem with IPTV application streaming, it isn't working on Bell Internet service but it works on Roger's Internet service, please advise..

15 REPLIES 15

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

My Fibe tv apps today are working fine. You should ask Rogers about the restrictions of their Ignite TV service outside the Rogers home wifi.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

MRMR
Contributor

it seems you didn't get my question; I have an Android TV Box and I have an IPTV application on that box called Casper plus (photo attached |) this application can't do streaming using bell internet service but working on Roger InternetScreenshot 2023-10-24 170356.png service, it seems there is a firewall for this application on your network. please advise.

Hi there @MRMR,

Welcome to the Bell Community, and thank you for reaching out.

Can you share the the make and model of the Android TV box that you have?

What exactly happens, is there any error message? Also, is this a new occurrence, or has the service worked properly in the past?

We recommend rebooting all equipment, including your modem. If you continue to experience any trouble you may also try a Factory reset on your Android TV box to see if that makes a difference.

Keep the Community posted,

- Patricia 

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I assume you're not a Bell Fibe TV subscriber. I'll bet that the Casper Plus media player and/or the box you use for it won't run on Bell's network. 

Bell's Fibe TV app works on the most common media platforms. I use it with both Chromecast and Bell's Streamer (an Android box).

Compatible platforms are here (with a Fibe Internet subscription): https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-TV/Fibe-TV-App 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Well, both Bell Fibe and Rogers Ignite tv have been delivering pay tv services on the Internet since the 2010s, so they are indeed IPTV, similar to other major providers all over Canada and RiverTV. The US concept is much different cause the financial impact of rapid cord-cutting and expensive transmission fees don’t allow most telcos upgrading from cable to IPTV.
Maybe Bell thinks it’s necessary to block sites doing suspicious businesses. It has been announcing cuts in the TV sector after the pandemic, but Rogers doesn’t have such measures for its CityTV and radio stations, and I don’t think they even own any French channel. Wiki says it has 0.03% stake in TVA, which is nearly nothing even if it’s accurate. (Don’t have time to go through crtc filing and stuff lol.)

poppapump
Contributor

What IPTV are you using ? One not from bell? I think bell is blocking IPTV services 

Is it true bell is blocking IPTV services from 3rd party ?

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

There's no blocking going on. I stream everything from a third party box without any issues.

If something does not work properly, more information is needed besides "it does not work".

Error messages, anything recorded in the error log, using a VPN or not, are other apps on the box working etc...

I use an IPTV service to watch movies etc. Since last Thursday it has not been working and I cannot log back. Even my user information has disappeared. IPTV told me the issue is at my end. They tested my connect to the streaming service and it works fine. I cannot log in though, |I have tried many times. When I put in my username and Password, I get an error message to put in the proper credentials. I have not changed anything, so I am lost at what I can do. It is very frustrating.