Old phone number lost

Jeb1234
Contributor

My wife and i got bell internet and new mobile plans. My wife was the first to switch our sim cards. For some reason, her phone number changed from 613 area code to a 437 area code. She previously had her phone number starting with 613. The lady we spoke to before getting out mobile plans changed said it was possible to keep our old phone numbers, but I can’t seem to figure out why her phone number change and don't know how to change it back to her old one. How do we change number back to her old one?

2 REPLIES 2

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Good Day & Welcome to the Bell Community Forum.

The only way to change your mobile phone number is through a Bell Mobility authorized dealer.

Due to recent updates, mobile number changes via bell.ca are unavailable until further notice.

If the wrong mobile phone number was assigned to you when you activated your account, you’ll have to go back to the same dealer, who will correct the mistake at no charge. If your mobile device was activated over the phone, you’ll have to call the same number to make the correction.

There could be a one-time mobile number change fee of $50 for changing your mobile phone number. For a special number, the one-time mobile number change fee is also $50, which includes the special number search and the number change. The $50 mobile number change fee will appear on your monthly bill. If you have a Prepaid plan, you must pay the fee in store.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Thank you for your question. The 613 area code is for southeastern Ontario, roughly Belleville eastward to the Quebec border. 437 is an overlay or additional area code for Toronto. As the Community Forum is a user to user forum and and we have no access to accounting or billing matters, I can not speak to your concern.  I suggest you call 1-866-310-BELL (2355) and speak to accounting and billing to have your question addressed directly.  

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.