eSIM activation failing

SYA
Contributor

Hi 🙂

I'm going to buy a new phone soon, what should I do with the esim I'm currently using?

Can you get it reissued?

Do I have to request it after buying a cell phone?

Or can you give it to me in advance?

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

Thanks but I solved the problem by going to the Bell store. They made another sim for the new phone.

View reply in original post

9 REPLIES 9

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

You can keep your existing eSIM. You can transfer your eSIM to your new device. You will need to have your new device with you in order to do the transfer.
Transfer your existing Bell eSIM by logging in to MyBell or by visiting a Bell store. Be ready to provide your current eSIM phone number and the EID of the new Dual SIM device you are transferring to.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

magicpix
Contributor

I moved my SIM card to my new phone but it says "Bell not activated". Does it need the new EID number?

In order to assist you, I need a few more details Just some simple yes and no questions.

Did you move your SIM from another carrier? Change plans?  Is your SIM activated on the Bell Network? Is this a Port a Phone Number from one supplier to another? Was this device purchased from Bell? Has this device been activated before? Are you the original owner or has this been purchased from someone else?

Please let us know on the Bell Community Forum so that we can provide further assistance.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Thanks but I solved the problem by going to the Bell store. They made another sim for the new phone.

Navjot1
Contributor

Can i get reissue esim

Once you have your new phone, you can transfer your eSIM to your new device. You will need to have your new device with you in order to do the transfer. You can do this transfer in one of three ways:

1. Transfer your existing Bell eSIM by logging in to MyBell.
  2. Visiting a Bell store. Be ready to provide your current eSIM phone number and the EID of the new Dual SIM device you are transferring to.
  3. If you have a new iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Add eSIM. Touch Transfer from nearby iPhone and a verification code will be displayed. On your old iPhone, enter the verification code. Follow the prompts on both devices to confirm the transfer and set up the eSIM.

Here is a link that will show you how to do an eSIM transfer to another device.

How to transfer my existing Bell Mobility service to a new SIM card or eSIM

Hello - I have been trying to transfer one of my eSIMs to another iPhone using the new iOS17 'transfer from another iPhone via Bluetooth feature'. Both devices are running the same iOS 17.1.1 and the process works to the point where you can see the numbers available, but the Bell Mobility monthly accounts are greyed out (whether or not they are active on the iPhone to transfer from).  Do you need to reach out to Bell to make the accounts available for transfer using this method?  Or does Bell not currently support this functionality (which would be disappointing)?

PM2023
Contributor

I followed step 3 above (posted by WelshTerrier) but I as I noted in my original message the Bell Mobility accounts showed as greyed out in the list of available eSIM (accounts).  I can turn the lines on and use on my current iPhone but unable to select them to be transferred (both were running iOS 17.1.1). Is there anything that needs to be done with the account (contact Bell or ?) or do all Bell Mobility Monthly accounts qualify to be transferred in this way?

There is also the option to convert to from Physical SIM to eSIM on the iPhone from the cellular settings.  This worked for one of my Bell Mobiltiy accounts (same as ones that were greyed out above) on my iPhone 14 running iOS 17.1.1 but when I put a physical Bell SIM into an iPhone 11 running iOS 17.1.1 the option was not available. 

Hi! I was trying to get an eSIM to work with Bell, so using the app I tried to transfer to the eSIM. This has disconnected my bell SIM card, and when I try to transfer back, my original Bell SIM is no longer recognized. The SIM number I am entering is the one listed on my account. Does anyone know how I can restore my SIM so I can use Bell on my phone again?