Bell gift card - Do I need a PIN?

Alex
Contributor II

When paying with my Bell gift card, do I need to enter a PIN?

13 REPLIES 13

BellPatricia

Hey there @Alex. Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Bell Community 🙂

Are you referring to a Bell Gift Card, or a Bell Prepaid Visa?

If you mean a Bell Prepaid Visa you only need a PIN if you plan to withdraw funds from an ATM. Otherwise, a PIN is not required. For more details check out PIN Request Page FAQ’sOpens in a new tab or window

Have a nice day.

- Patricia

Alex
Contributor II

Thank you, Patricia. 

I meant my Bell Prepaid Visa. I got one, loaded with $200, after becoming a Bell residential customer in November, 2020. Within six months or so, Bell informed me that it was flawed and had to be replaced. I received the replacement, which was ready to use by late June of 2021, but it didn't work for me. I tried to use it at several stores. I wondered if I was doing something wrong. So, I set it aside for a time before I got around to calling 1-800-624-6171; I was put on hold and never got to speak with anyone. Tuesday this week, I tried the number again, but got message that it would be a long wait, and so I took the option to leave my name and number but never got a call back.

I have had to put in a lot of time thus far to "earn" this $200 "gift bonus" from Bell. It's getting to the point where it hardly seems worth it.

Any advice you care to give would be appreciated. Thanks.

By the way, I confirmed Tuesday that $200 is still available on the card.

Glad to hear the funds are on the card @Alex. Sounds like you did register when you received it.

What exactly happens when you try to use the Bell Prepaid Visa?

Some vendors do not accept prepaid cards, so it is always best to check with them first to ensure they accept that type of payment.

- Patricia

There was never a problem with it being accepted. On each occasion, I tried swiping the card the normal way and the cashier then tried it too. The stores were all "big name" merchants. One cashier indicated that it was a common occurrence with such cards.

After failing to get through for help at the toll-free number, I decided to drop the matter for a time. I made my original post this week just to be sure it had nothing to do with a PIN.

I'll just have to call again and be prepared to be put on hold. I can have my phone on "speaker" while I find something else to do. I remember the "good old days" when you could walk into a company office and talk to someone in person.

Thank you for your interest.

I just called 1-800-624-6171 and heard "Thanks for calling TruCash Rewards. If you're calling about a Bell . . . Prepaid Visa Card, please contact your service provider directly for support". I stayed on the line anyway, and almost immediately got to speak to someone. She entered my card number and told me that they no longer worked with Bell and that the card would need to be reactivated. Yet she said that their system was down and that I could call back later. Perhaps because they were working with Bell when my card was originally, supposedly, activated, they can activate it now. Or maybe they were already not working with Bell when my card didn't work in the first place. Such confusion we have in this digital age. What Bell number should I call if TruCash Rewards can't help me?

I just called TruCash Rewards again and happily reached someone within a few minutes. The nice lady assured me that my card was fully loaded and should be working. She suggested that I use it online.

Hi. I have bell prepaid visa card non reloadable that still has some balance left to be used. I am trying to use to as a credit card ( no pin) transaction, it declines. Tried 2 different transactions and both failed. 
then i went online to myprepaid center and checked balance, still there (not 0). Then i created PIN and tried making transaction online again. Failed.

i am wondering whats the best way to access it online?

thanks

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Is your balance smaller than the amount of the transaction?

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.