Credit card payment - Phishing scam email

taylors1
Contributor

I received an email purportedly from Bell telling me that I don’t have a method of payment 

I have been paying by credit card for some time

is this a valid Bell email?

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

BellDRock
Community Manager

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us!

Most definitely sounds like a spam/phishing attempt.

You can click "Mark as spam" from webmail (when you log in from www.bell.netOpens in a new tab or window) - this will ensure the team managing the Bell email service will be aware of this specific spam campaign, can investigate and block it.

You can also send a copy of that email to abuse@bell.caOpens in a new tab or window

Delete the email immediately after marking as spam or reporting abuse.

If you think you’ve been a target of fraud, contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud CentreOpens in a new tab or window. For more way to protect yourself against fraudulent emails, please click on the following How to Protect Yourself from Telecom FraudOpens in a new tab or window

View reply in original post

10 REPLIES 10

BB
Contributor

Response required. MyAccount

Hello xxxxx@sympatico.ca,

We couldn't process your last Bell payment for security reasons.

Please use alternate bill payment method.

Your Bell Billing account always needs at least one valid payment method on file.

To start, please use button below:

Sign in to MyAccount 

This way, you do not need to worry about the due date or setting any reminders.

It should never take more than two minutes to be completed.

The amount due will be processed on the due date shown on your bill only.

Thanks for choosing Bell.

BellDRock
Community Manager

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us!

Most definitely sounds like a spam/phishing attempt.

You can click "Mark as spam" from webmail (when you log in from www.bell.netOpens in a new tab or window) - this will ensure the team managing the Bell email service will be aware of this specific spam campaign, can investigate and block it.

You can also send a copy of that email to abuse@bell.caOpens in a new tab or window

Delete the email immediately after marking as spam or reporting abuse.

If you think you’ve been a target of fraud, contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud CentreOpens in a new tab or window. For more way to protect yourself against fraudulent emails, please click on the following How to Protect Yourself from Telecom FraudOpens in a new tab or window

FSzeto
Contributor

Received email from Bell-Customers (XXXXBill.ResponseRequiredXXXX@online-bell.net ) requiring a response and link in the email "Sign in to MyAccount" , stating the following:

We couldn't process your last Bell payment for security reasons. Please use alternate bill payment method. Your Bell Billing account always needs at least one valid payment method on file. Sign up for pre-authorized payments through "MyAccount" using your card. To start, please use button below:

I did not click on link, please confirm this is a phishing email and not sent from Bell.

billing-support@bellmobility.ca

Saying payment declined

Attackers on alawaelsmart.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit card details).

I received an email stating my payment for august was declined. Is this correct or a scam email ?

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Take a look the details in the "from" section of the email. Who is the sender?

Use my bell.ca and look at your account. I'm 100% sure this is a scam.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Billing - I received email from Bell Customer Support. Is this valid?

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Bell did not send it. When in doubt delete, delete, delete!

Bell will not share your information. Bell will never ask for any personal information via email such as passwords, PIN numbers, banking or credit card information, etc. etc.

I recommend that you click "Mark as spam" from webmail (when you log in from http://www.bell.net) this will ensure the team managing Bell email service will be aware of this specific spam campaign, can investigate and block it. You can also send a copy of that email to abuse@bell.ca

The most important part of fraud prevention is education and awareness. Knowing about the different types of fraud, how to identify fraud attempts and what they look like, along with what to do next if you suspect fraud are key to increasing your protection.

Here are some links that will assist you in preparing to combat fraud:

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Received scam mail asking to pay my bell bill by clicking a link.

The format of this scam is not consistent with my normal e-bill notifications from Bell.

Also, it came at the wrong time.

Contents of scam mail. Note: The link to view the bill has been disabled. The link was also inside a button which was stripped when moved to the Junk folder.

Your monthly bill is now ready in MyBell.

Bill number: 19*********

Hi User, Your new bill is attached and is scheduled to be paid by direct debit on 28th March 2024.

Sign into your bell webmail to view your current and past 12 months’ bills, choose a different payment method or query your bill, please sign in to the My Telstra app.

View Bill <https://j*************.myportfolio.com/ >     

Experiencing financial difficulties?

As part of our Financial Hardship Policy, we can offer flexibility if you're having trouble making payment. Please contact us on 13 2200 to discuss your options.

Regards,

Your Bell Team

Copyright © 2024. Bell Canada. All Rights Reserved.

Always here to help.