How to program remote to work with TV?

Rockstar8558
Contributor

I reprogrammed my new remote and now my TV won’t turn on.

47 REPLIES 47

No. I have to use the TV remote to control the TV. The slim Fibe remote won't pair with the TV. Note - I don't have a DVR. Fibe TV now uses a new small Fibe box (receiver). Also, the remote has voice control, but I can't get that working either.

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

So your remote can’t control the volume & on/off of the TV?

If the voice control suddenly doesn’t work, try reconnect the box with the wifi. Or you mean the Assistant never get your directions correct?

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

How do I get my voice remote control, control my sound bar?

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Were you able to do that without the new voice remote?

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Brigitte1
Contributor
  • Intermittent problem with Samsung 4k that won't turn on since installing Bell Fibe. When this happens I have to unplug tv then it turns on. New remote sent by Bell did not resolve issue. Switching receiver between bedroom and Samsung did no help. Tech says that remote update of receiver may fix problem, but still not fixed. Very frustrated - need help. BTW remote has been configured to work in settings. All other functions work.

• As it happens, our Bell Slim Remote no longer turns our TV off:  it enters some sort of standby mode that displays stock photos and displays the time.  We would prefer it if the remote WOULD turn the TV off:  can you advise us how we might restore the On/Off function?

Program Bell IR/UHF remote to operate RCA 55" TV flat screen RTU5540-D.

I have tried using suggested codes for RCA tv without any success. I have also tried pressing the up and down button on the Bell remote but  rca tv still won.t turn off. I am using this remote to operate my PVR 9242. The batteries are fresh and the remote operates the 9242 PVR perfectly. I have tried all of Bell suggestions.                                               When the rca tv is turned on there is a blue light that signals tv is on. When attempting to program the tv with the Bell remote the blue flashes red each time a button is pushed. This signals that the tv is recognizing the bell remote. It will not turn the tv off no matter how many times the up button is pushed. I have also tried the down button as per Bell video. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx.

What remote will operate new Samsung Smart 4K TV with Bell receiver 9400

Bell Voice remote and 7802 set top box not pairing with an LG CX TV

Hey all,

My remote and TV don't seem to be getting along, when I run the voice remote setup from the set top box the mute button doesn't stop the test sound, I keep hitting try again with no luck until it tells me that no codes work.

Even though the remote isn't pairing properly, it still seems to be able to turn on the TV when the box is powered on and control the TV/Soundbar volume but it's unable to turn the TV off which isn't good for an OLED that could be prone to burn-in.  When I hit the power button to turn everything off only the STB goes to screensaver mode.  I have to use the LG remote to turn off the TV.

Weird thing is that everything seemed to be working properly a few days ago, started doing this seemingly out of the blue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Good day @GroundhogGus,

Welcome to the Bell Community.

Are you still having trouble after checking out out the troubleshooting articles we posted hereOpens in a new tab or window

Keep the Community posted on how everything is going

- Patricia