TV is in standby mode after 4 hours

jooyeonhan
Bell Employee

I use Fibe TV and it's in standby mode every 4 hours unless I change channel. Is there a way to set longer time?

I am a Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.
2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

DBauslaugh
Contributor II

Sorry to say the standby timer is not a setting that can be changed and it at 4 hours to help prevent burn in. I know you're not the first person to ask about this. I'll be pass along to our TV Product team to see what might come in the future.

View reply in original post

Hey there @caroled220 . Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bell Community 🙂 

Fibe TV does not have an option to extend the Standby feature.

If you have Satellite TV check out: How to make changes to the Inactivity Standby featureOpens in a new tab or window

Although, we encourage you to keep this feature enabled at all times to ensure that the Program Guide and other important updates are downloaded to your receiver.​

View reply in original post

17 REPLIES 17

DBauslaugh
Contributor II

Sorry to say the standby timer is not a setting that can be changed and it at 4 hours to help prevent burn in. I know you're not the first person to ask about this. I'll be pass along to our TV Product team to see what might come in the future.

Sams
Regular Contributor

Sleep mode because of inactivity is usually the manufacturer trying to meet compliance standards like Energy Star.

I don’t think you can disable or modify the time but pushing any button on the remote in the 4 hour window will reset the inactivity timer.

Then you have to worry about tv sleep mode. 🙂

Got a new  6500 HD receiver. On power off the TV displays Avalable on pay per  view  ETC. Is there any way to shut down receiver  other than unplugging? Tried holding power button on unit and remote with same result .Unit will not shut off.

Hey there @caroled220 . Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bell Community 🙂 

Fibe TV does not have an option to extend the Standby feature.

If you have Satellite TV check out: How to make changes to the Inactivity Standby featureOpens in a new tab or window

Although, we encourage you to keep this feature enabled at all times to ensure that the Program Guide and other important updates are downloaded to your receiver.​

Tried you suggested settings with same result . Unit will still not shut off unless unplugged. When inserting plug the unit goes into search , download ,then display programme guide. .This takes some time. We would prefer keeping the older SD units and returning the newer HD ones.. Will the old ones remain active?

Hey @caroled220

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your new HD receivers.

As we continue to invest in our TV services, we are upgrading all SD Satellite TV customers to HD.

- Patricia 

When you power off the new VIP 7802 it doesnt really power off, it goes into standby mode (the android wallpaper is displayed).  Is there a way to actually power it off?  Reason I want to do that is that I want to use the hdmi power off feature on my tv (ie when there is no signal on the hdmi input cable to the tv it shuts off).

Thanks

Satdan
Contributor III

I think i found it, its in the wallpaper section....now it seems the issue is with my tv, says no input(correct) but it does not power off (power on works ok)....time to keep digging

Anyone know how to disable the screen saver on Fibe TV? 

thanks for your consideration