Why is Fox News HD not available on Bell Express Vu Satellite?

Wildbill
Contributor II

Why is Fox News HD not available on Bell Express Vu Satellite?

18 REPLIES 18

BellPatricia

Hi @Wildbill10,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bell Community, and for your feedback on this.

You can currently find FOX News Channel on #507.

- Patricia

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for the update but I am looking for Fox News in High Definition, is it available and if not when can we expected it to be available in High Definition?

RAJKHATRI
Contributor II

Yes, Patricia, We are also waiting for Fox news in HD!!

Fading373
Contributor

I just found out that SD receivers along with SD channels will be discontinued on April 1st. After this date Fox News Channel will not be available. Even if you have an HD receiver. Currently Fox News is only available on SD channel 507, there is no HD channel for Fox News. Why, does Bell not have an HD channel. One can only speculate. There are HD channels for all other News channels, could it be a political reason. I have talked to 2 service reps at Bell. One rep I talked to by phone, told me that the SD channels will not be effected immediately, but will more than likely be phased out sometime in 2024, but that the SD channels will still be available on your HD receivers.. The other rep named Josie who I communicated through Bell chat services, told me that SD receivers and SD channels will be discontinued April 1st. Josie then sent me a PDF file of all the channels offered by Bell and then decided to end our chat (unbelievable). It is very frustrating when trying to communicate with Bell and actually get the truth from there reps. I received these 2 different answers on the same day. It makes me wonder if the employees at Bell are loyal to the company they work for. In conclusion to answer your question. You not not be able to watch Fox News Channel on Bell satellite anymore sometime after April 1st.

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Available channels are determined by licensing agreements with the channel itself. It is nothing more. Carriage of non-Canadian channels is also regulated by the CRTC, I believe, who respond to a request for carriage from providers such as Bell. My experience suggests that Bell will announce changes closer to the date involved. All we can do is wait. 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Nash211
Regular Contributor

I found a post in the community that all SD will be gone March 15th 2024 on satellite, so will see if that happens. It was under receiver swap.

Hi there @Fading373 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
The feed to the standard definition receivers is what is being phased out. SD feeds will still be available through the HD receivers.

Nash211
Regular Contributor

Well thank you for your answer, @BellNick it clarifies allot

• I received the new HD boxes but have no idea how to install them. I cannot get Fox News anymore on 507 has been this way for quite some time