Email password issues - Invalid Credentials

candurwy
Contributor II

When I try to login to my Fibe Bell email, I am most times blocked with the message "you have entered invalid credentials", even though my user name and password are correct.  This happens almost every time on any of the three notebook computers in the house. Two are Win 10 and one Win 11.  None run in S mode. Strangely it does not happen on my desktop, also Win 10.  It happens using either the Chrome or Edge browser.  I have twice changed the password but that does not help.  Before the recent email changes, the message was "You are locked out for 10 minutes."

Usually after a 10 or so minute wail, I can login.  Recently the wait times seem to be getting longer, today reaching close to 30 minutes without being able to connect.

A while back I called Bell Support and was told  Bell email was working correctly and I should change my password and clear the cache.  That did not help.  I thought it was a glitch in my several years old laptop, but I recently bought a new Win 11 which does exactly the same.

Any ideas?

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

BellDRock
Community Manager

Few things for everyone to try that might help resolve login or password issues.

1) Log out of all email sessions on any and all devices you have.

Important: Assure you have logged out of every session on all devices including desktops, laptops, tablets and phones. Closing a window or app may not log you out of the session. To make sure you have completely logged out - depending on the email app you use, that may entail turning the device off/disconnecting it from the internet and its current session or deleting your email profile from the app and setting it up with the new credentials again.

2) Clear your cookies and cache on all browser and/or app sessions.

3) Reset your password (if needed) and attempt login to your webmail again on your chosen devices.

Important: If you have not logged out of all sessions on all devices, the password reset may not take and you could still face login issues.

If you have completed all steps above and still are unable to login and/or receive any message or error message, please share with us here. We will connect with you to capture further info.

Thanks so much!

View reply in original post

85 REPLIES 85

BellPatricia

Hi @candurwy. Welcome to the Community. Thank you for the amazing troubleshooting you've completed. Clearing cookies and cashe is very helpful.

We have sent you a Private Message. Please check your Inbox, next to your Profile avatar. Unsure of where to find your Inbox, see this link.

Hello,

I am nearly at my wits end with Bell.  All of my services, including 2 cell phones are with Bell.  As an FYI, I live in Quebec.   %99.5 of the time I do not have issues with Bell and when I do it is usually resolved quickly with great support.  BUT the one area where Bell fails miserably is their email.  Setting this up on my Apple devices usually will incur having to dance with the Devil and most times I just give up.  But when trying once again, I stumbled across this forum.  I have the exact same issues with my email as the user above (candurwy) except that there is never a resolution.  I have tried exactly what that user has done but to no avail.  I even created another email address (@bell.net) and still can not access the webmail.  I had setup my Bell email address with my iPad and it is a hit and miss.  Most times it will work but then it doesn’t.  Sorry for my French but this is truly a pain in the behind.  IF I can at least access webmail then I can remove my Bell email account on my iPad and just use the web.  But can I do this?  Nope  In all honesty I feel like dropping everything Bell and heading over to their competition.  🤬

Harley
Contributor II

Having the same issue as above.  My password works fine for a while, then doesn't.  I go into myBell and re-enter the password, works for a few days, than again, says I have entered invalid credentials.  Nothing but problems since Bell updated their e-mail.  I still cannot import other accounts, which I used to have.  Done with this and with Bell.  Switching to another supplier for everything I have with Bell.

I have encountered "invalid credentials" three times today.  Restarting the computer solved the problem for a few minutes, but it did not last.  I share your frustration.  I do not think Bell have any idea what is wrong.  It is clearly a wireless problem, as I do not have a problem with my hard wired desktop.  I have considered adding a wi-fi booster with an Ethernet connection to see if that works. I don't want to switch as options are limited where I live.

Wilson
Contributor II

The implementation of the new Webmail has been a horror story with users as the guinea pigs and a back out contingency plan should have been in place.

I still  have an "external account authentication failure" for one of my secondary email accounts when I select it on the left pane.

Called customer supports and was told they cannot do much because their "tools" do not work.

And an hour later I received a robo call that my problem has been resolved when it has not been.

Should have started with Gmail and stayed with it.

candurwy
Contributor II

Wilson:  The new "not improved" email seems to have aggravated the problem, but my trouble predated this change.  I agree a back out plan would have been useful.  I was recently advised to ensure all devices were disconnected and all passwords verified as correct.  I removed email from my phone (my wife had installed it at some point and I did not want it) and shut down completely all 3 of my computers.  This helped to the extent I can sometimes connect, it's pretty much a toss-up.  Today I have had two "invalid credentials" and one successful connection, this coming about 11 minutes after the first failure.  I agree that I don't think Bell has any idea what is wrong and no idea how to fix it.  They are still able to charge $75. per month for reduced service.  Fortunately, the problem does not extend to other connections such as banks, brokers, merchants, etc.

Email on laptop is frozen offline. I've created two new passwords, but then they aren't accepted when I try to log in.  Also, Inbox mail has disappeared. Help, please!

CCC
Contributor

I have been having issues since last Thursday accessing my email account.  I keep getting booted out and when I try to log in I get 'You have entered invalid credentials. Please try again'  Very frustrating.  Is it because it's a sympatico email?  I do eventually get in but then I get booted out and the same problem occurs.  

I have Mac computers, one I-Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.7 and a laptop OS Monterey version 12.0.1.  When the new Webmail was introduced for a few days it worked, then suddenly I could not acces my account.  reset my password and on the I-Mac the webmail came back, but every day I go to check my e-mails I am wondering if it will still work.

Existing problems today: I-Mac unable to add Bell mail account to my Apple Mail, verified in and outgoing server settings.  Tried this for the last 5 days, always same comes up "Unable to verify account name or password"

On laptop Apple Airbook, not possible to acces my Bell account, "You have entered invalid credentials" .  For the Apple Mail, adding Bell e-mail account same problem as mentioned with I-Mac.

I have found no assistance on the Bell website.  Looking for some guidance to solve my problems.  I have been using Bell e-mail for at least the last 20 years, if I can avoid it, I do not want to change to another provider.  But, I will if no help comes up.

Have a nice day

Roland