Battery power backup for home hub 3000

Jamccoll
Contributor II

Bell's web site touts the availability of backup power battery backup. and states that they have the batteries for sale. However I have been unable to find anyone at Bell that will confirm this. Also, I found the following on the internet :Bell no longer offers the Home Hub 3000 backup battery for purchase. Apparently they discontinued them in Many 2021. Is  Bell deliberately providing misleading and false info on its web site?   Does anyone know if a backup battery is still available anywhere

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

BellPatricia

Hey there @Jamccoll. Welcome to the Community.

You're correct, as detailed on our website here Stay connected during a power outageOpens in a new tab or window as of May 2021 the Home Hub 3000 backup batteries are no longer available for purchase.

Let the Community know if you have any other questions.

- Patricia

View reply in original post

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Hi @Dilullob 

This is from the Bell Support site:

"Stay connected during a power outage with your Home Hub 3000

As of May 16, 2021, Bell no longer offers the Home Hub 3000 backup battery for purchase.

To maintain phone service during a power outage, you need an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to power your Home Hub 3000. You can purchase one from various retailers who sell electronics and related devices.

FAQs

What is an uninterrupted power supply (UPS)?

A UPS, also known as a battery backup, provides electricity when your regular power source fails. When the electricity goes out, devices plugged into the UPS (modem, computers, TV, etc.) will be powered by its battery.

What kind of UPS do I need to power my modem?

To power your modem, a UPS should meet these requirements:

• Rated for a capacity of at least 300 volt-amperes (VA)
  • Must support three-prong power plugs (National Electrical Manufacturers Association NEMA 5-15P)

Also, opt for a UPS that meets your capacity and runtime needs. A variety of UPS units are available and a sales representative can help make a recommendation.

How long will a UPS power my service?

The length of time (also referred to as runtime) depends on various factors such as:

• How many devices you have connected to the UPS.
  • The type of devices you are powering during a power outage.
  • The make and model of your UPS. See its manufacturer for details

How can I optimize the length of time my Internet service will be operational during an outage?

We recommend connecting only your Bell modem to the UPS. Contact the manufacturer for other ways to optimize your UPS.

How do I install my UPS?

Follow the manufacturer's installation instructions and connect your Home Hub 3000 into it."

Hope this helps.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

42 REPLIES 42

BellPatricia

Hey there @Jamccoll. Welcome to the Community.

You're correct, as detailed on our website here Stay connected during a power outageOpens in a new tab or window as of May 2021 the Home Hub 3000 backup batteries are no longer available for purchase.

Let the Community know if you have any other questions.

- Patricia

Funny you say that. Bell just sent me a  backup battery which I have now installed. They advised me there would be a $29 charge on my next bill. Like a lot of people at Bell, you need to get your facts straight. 

Northernhunter
Contributor II

As far as I am concerned the modem should have the battery installed upon serve installation at no extra cost! 

I was told when I setup my install that the battery would be $100 and sold separately! 

So stupid! 

Hi;

I am looking for a Battery power backup for home hub 3000. I see on the Bell website that they discontinued it. Would anyone be able to advise where I could purchase one and what type i would need. I tried asking Bell but they are unable to advise.

Thank you;

I would like to know what kind of battery to purchase for he hub 3000

Bell tells me they discontinued supplying these batteries however they were not to clear on what kind of battery I require

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Hi @Dilullob 

This is from the Bell Support site:

"Stay connected during a power outage with your Home Hub 3000

As of May 16, 2021, Bell no longer offers the Home Hub 3000 backup battery for purchase.

To maintain phone service during a power outage, you need an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to power your Home Hub 3000. You can purchase one from various retailers who sell electronics and related devices.

FAQs

What is an uninterrupted power supply (UPS)?

A UPS, also known as a battery backup, provides electricity when your regular power source fails. When the electricity goes out, devices plugged into the UPS (modem, computers, TV, etc.) will be powered by its battery.

What kind of UPS do I need to power my modem?

To power your modem, a UPS should meet these requirements:

• Rated for a capacity of at least 300 volt-amperes (VA)
  • Must support three-prong power plugs (National Electrical Manufacturers Association NEMA 5-15P)

Also, opt for a UPS that meets your capacity and runtime needs. A variety of UPS units are available and a sales representative can help make a recommendation.

How long will a UPS power my service?

The length of time (also referred to as runtime) depends on various factors such as:

• How many devices you have connected to the UPS.
  • The type of devices you are powering during a power outage.
  • The make and model of your UPS. See its manufacturer for details

How can I optimize the length of time my Internet service will be operational during an outage?

We recommend connecting only your Bell modem to the UPS. Contact the manufacturer for other ways to optimize your UPS.

How do I install my UPS?

Follow the manufacturer's installation instructions and connect your Home Hub 3000 into it."

Hope this helps.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Ask Jamccoll for the information from the  battery he obtained, and see if you can find it on Amazon. A bell representative told the same (that those batteries are no longer supplied, but Bell must get their equipment from somewhere unless they're in the manufacturing business themselves).

Could you post the information from your battery, so others can search for it online? Is that allowed in these forums?

sagemcom available at Amazon.com. I got mine from Bell however after pointing out to them that they continued to advertise it as a feature of the 3000 and at the same time claiming they no longer supply  it.