Homehub 4000 with Google Nest Wifi

twtwhite
Contributor

We are having extensive problems with Google Nest Wifi staying "up" since adding the homehub/Fibe service.  My system basically has cat-6 exit the HH4K and go to a Google Nest Wifi router.  I exit the Google Nest Wifi router and go to a D-Link  DGS-1024D Gigabit Switch.  The system works for days at a time and then the Google Wifi drops and obviously nothing downstream from it works either.  

I've done a zillion searches and come up with things around PPPoE and using the advanced DMZ features, but I cannot figure out why it works, and then stops periodically.  

Any thoughts?  

4 REPLIES 4

JD
Regular Contributor II

I had a problem with nest wifi and when i called Google they suggested i turn off the Bell modem wifi and or change the name to not be the same as my google nest.....i changed the name and turned off the Bell modem wifi and also factory reset all my mesh points, reinstalled them and to my surprise it worked just fine.....I didnt have to mess with any pppoe or dmz settings....it was pretty much plug and play after that call with google.

one thing you might want to eliminate as a potential issue is your Dlink switch.  try running your setup without it and see if it stay up or keeps going down like it does with the switch......if the problem continues without your switch then you know thats not the issue...if it doesnt, then you know your switch is the culprit. 

twtwhite
Contributor

Thanks @JD  I was about to go with their PODs and decided I'd try first with a factory reset of the Google system... it came up fine and has been consistent.  The switch is downstream from the Google ....

We'll see if it stays up and the speeds stay consistent.  

JD
Regular Contributor II

Setup was a little bit of a pain but once done it works very well......for good practice i use the google home app once a month or so to reset (not factory) the pods and test the mesh system.

Leach
Contributor

Wondering if the google nest system works with Bell Fibe ? We like the feature of being able to control wifi access for our kids.  We are thinking of switching to Fibe and want to know if this will still work .