Unable to set Guest Wi-Fi security type to WPA

MissK
Contributor

For context, I'm using the Giga Hub.
I have a few devices (older consoles/computers) that I use on a regular basis that don't support WPA2, so I figured I'd setup the guest wi-fi with the "WPA/WPA2 Transition" setting so I can connect these devices to the internet without having to change my main wi-fi.

MissK_0-1702258189315.png

However, while this option is available, it doesn't seem like it actually works? Everytime I try to change the setting and save, it just resets to whatever it was before. Is this some kind of bug or is it just impossible to set the security of the guest network to WPA?

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

It will use the most secure protocol when available. So WPA2 first, if the remote device is only WPA capable than WPA (second).

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

It could be a bug, or a limitation of the Guest Network settings. Does it do the same thing on the main network when you try to set it to WPA/WPA2 Transition?

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

MissK
Contributor

Just tried, it does the same thing if I try to set the main network to WPA/WPA2 Transition.

Looking at the system logs it seems like the change actually occurs but then it just reverts to WPA2?

MissK_0-1702311637156.png

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

It will use the most secure protocol when available. So WPA2 first, if the remote device is only WPA capable than WPA (second).