The World Cup - TSN & Roku TV

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Just in case you didn't know: TSN was added as a Roku streaming channel in November. So this is good news if you have a Roku-based TV and want to watch the World Cup (or any sport available on TSN). 

Download and install the TSN app online from the Roku Channel Store or directly with your remote. Follow the activation steps. If you don't already have Bell Fibe TV including TSN you'll use Roku Pay for it.

Enjoy the matches!

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.
8 REPLIES 8

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Morning, are you working for TSN? Do you know what did the new version on iOS fixed yesterday? The “enhanced DVR feature, giving fans the ability to restart, pause, rewind, and fast-forward live game coverage as it happens” is still not available for today’s match. I checked yesterday and asked those who subscribe from TSN directly, and none of us could access this feature. Even some communist streaming services allow 7-day restart function hehe

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Maybe start another thread on TSN for iOS to get help with your enhanced DVR problem. 

I have no idea about the version for iOS. It has nothing to do with my post.

The TSN app for Roku works fine.

I don't work for TSN. Please don't troll this thread. Thank you.

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

lol I’m not used to professional wordings unless it’s official announcement or advertisement.

so the Roku app has the dvr feature as listed on https://www.tsn.ca/canada-comes-together-for-fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-on-tsn-and-ctv-1.1878606 ?

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I have the TSN app running on "Roku OS", and Android. The enhanced DVR feature on the Roku app isn't available, or there is no obvious way to access it.

I'll look for it on the Android app during the next live game (2:00pm EST).

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I see. I thought the feature is available to all platforms. That’s why I decided to post.

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

This was posted on Reddit, r/TSN:

"If you download the app, they have some weird augmented reality service where you can watch the game as it happened. In the corner is the playback of the game. You can make that video full screen and scan through to watch the replay."

I can't make that work on an Android device.

I emailed TSN Help, but not sure if or when I'll get a reply.

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

lol I thought the AR meant the surreal short clips when they introduced the players.

47A6E6F2-9C70-4AE5-B62E-BB0ADCFBB115.jpegBut I left an app comment about the lack of promised “dvr feature”.

Wakka197
Regular Contributor III

Thanks for let us know