Decrease in Download Speed

HMM_
Contributor

A few days ago my internet went down due to an issue with the SFP cable not being properly connected (Error Code 4100). The issue was resolved within 2.5 hours over the phone but I noticed a difference in download speeds. My prior speeds were 2.2 Gbps down and up, but after I get 1.3 Gbps down and 2.2 Gbps up. I have tried restarting the modem and checking the modem settings but see no difference. Furthermore, the modem speed test shows results of 3.2 Gbps down and up.

(My current package is Fibe 3.0 with the Giga Hub Wifi 6E modem and my computer that was used for the speed tests is connected via cat 6 to the 10-gigabit port)

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Thank you for your question. If the modem speed test shows 3.2 up and down, the issue is not the modem but from the modem outward.  You might try unplugging and re-plugging in the network cord at both the modem and the computer or replacing the network cord between the modem and the computer with a known good cord to see if that makes a difference. Also use a can of compressed air to blow out the ports. It's possible dust is reducing the signal at the port. 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Thank you for your question. If the modem speed test shows 3.2 up and down, the issue is not the modem but from the modem outward.  You might try unplugging and re-plugging in the network cord at both the modem and the computer or replacing the network cord between the modem and the computer with a known good cord to see if that makes a difference. Also use a can of compressed air to blow out the ports. It's possible dust is reducing the signal at the port. 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

HMM_
Contributor

Thanks!