Email password issues - Invalid Credentials

candurwy
Contributor II

When I try to login to my Fibe Bell email, I am most times blocked with the message "you have entered invalid credentials", even though my user name and password are correct.  This happens almost every time on any of the three notebook computers in the house. Two are Win 10 and one Win 11.  None run in S mode. Strangely it does not happen on my desktop, also Win 10.  It happens using either the Chrome or Edge browser.  I have twice changed the password but that does not help.  Before the recent email changes, the message was "You are locked out for 10 minutes."

Usually after a 10 or so minute wail, I can login.  Recently the wait times seem to be getting longer, today reaching close to 30 minutes without being able to connect.

A while back I called Bell Support and was told  Bell email was working correctly and I should change my password and clear the cache.  That did not help.  I thought it was a glitch in my several years old laptop, but I recently bought a new Win 11 which does exactly the same.

Any ideas?

85 REPLIES 85

ConfusedOne
Contributor II

The only way I have found to log in on certain devices was to use Bing.  Seems that Bell does not support Chrome, Firefox or even Duck Duck Go.  Here is the litany of issues I have experienced:

• Not being able to log on with cell phones or a tablet
  • Some email addresses always bouncing back when they work fine on Gmail
  • Tiny attachment size limit
  • not being able to add other email accounts
  • the cursor often disappears if you hit backspace to correct an error, have to mouse over to the end of the line and click to get the cursor back
  • three escalations to second level support with no response and no resolution

Do these all sound familiar to the community?

Well yes, I have experienced issues one, three, and five as well as several others since the introduction of the new format.  Now there's a new one - the past few days I've been unable to see photos that are sent to me in emails.   Either I see a tiny icon that will not open, or just the paperclip by the sender's name to show there is an attachment but no sign of the attachment once I open the email.  Things do not seem to be getting better - they are actually getting worse. 😞

grandy
Contributor II

No - I'm sorry to say that I don't have a suggestion, but I do share your pain.  Sometimes I'm locked out for hours - there has never yet been a day that it hasn't happened at least once.  Even when I'm in my email, it will suddenly melt in front of my eyes - and then I can't get back in.  It would be irritating indeed to be told that our bell mail is working correctly.  

Why do I keep getting this message each time I try to log in...

You’ve reached the maximum number of login attempts. For security reasons, your account is locked for the next 10 minutes. You can then reset your password in MyBell or by contacting us. Please note your password must be updated on all your devices.

Even when I try after 10 minutes I still get the same message. 

BellDRock
Community Manager

Few things for everyone to try that might help resolve login or password issues.

1) Log out of all email sessions on any and all devices you have.

Important: Assure you have logged out of every session on all devices including desktops, laptops, tablets and phones. Closing a window or app may not log you out of the session. To make sure you have completely logged out - depending on the email app you use, that may entail turning the device off/disconnecting it from the internet and its current session or deleting your email profile from the app and setting it up with the new credentials again.

2) Clear your cookies and cache on all browser and/or app sessions.

3) Reset your password (if needed) and attempt login to your webmail again on your chosen devices.

Important: If you have not logged out of all sessions on all devices, the password reset may not take and you could still face login issues.

If you have completed all steps above and still are unable to login and/or receive any message or error message, please share with us here. We will connect with you to capture further info.

Thanks so much!

For no reason my email will not function properly. I get imap has encountered an error. I have cleared the cache, changed the password a dozen times, tried numerous email programs and it still continues.

For a few days, I was able to get email on my laptop using Mozilla Thunderbird, then it quit. I try to log into Bell Mail, and it tells me my password is invalid and my account has been locked for 10 minutes.

What is up!

The imap server does not seem to be working. When is this going to be resolved. Thank you.

I too have this error and have had for days. I tried phoning tech support like an idiot and sat on hold for 40 minutes before giving up. It seems Bell is having server issues as my outlook email besides telling me it cannot connect to the imap server tells me my last update was 09-30-2020 ??

it sure would be nice if this corp could post an outage message and maybe a recording on the support phone line to actually advise their customers !

Hey @EagleLynne & @Psheehan. Welcome to the Bell Community. 🙂

The Community will need a bit more information in order to assist. Can you please share the exact issue you experience when accessing your email service/when you try to send and receive email? What device are you using to access your email (PC, Mac, Mobile device), and are you accessing through Bell Email, or a different email client (IE Outlook/Thunderbird)? 

- Patricia

This problem is getting ridiculous.  I have done everything the Bell techs have advised and still cannot get email to work properly.  Now I have lost a lot of my saved emails.  

This needs to be fixed. There are other providers out there who don't have any issues