Help! System Connection issues with Point to Point Internet as of 9/30/2022

CumulusClouds
Contributor

Dear Bell,

I am having a serious issue with my point to point internet connection.  I have a VOIP based phone system that has been functioning properly up until Thursday September 29th 2022.  That day the phone system was not able register properly any longer and the phones kept getting de-registered.  Apparently the issue is something called "double natting" but it is not something I can resolve on my end.  We have connected the phones directly into the router and DO NOT have a second router installed any where.    

I called Bell technical support on Friday but was not able to speak to a technician who understood this issue and I was transferred 13 times.  

We need a technician to come out to resolve this issue as I am not able to make VOIP phone calls any longer.

On a secondary note we have devices that refuse to connect with the Home Hub 2000 no matter what we do.  We also need to resolve this issue.

Can someone please help me with this?  I spend hours on the phone on Friday September 30th and need to speak or have someone contact me that understands the situation and can help me.

Sincerly CC

3 REPLIES 3

BellNick

Hi there @CumulusClouds,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

In order for the Community to better assist, can you please answer some questions for clarification?

• Which internet package do you subscribe to?
  • Which devices specifically are you experiencing connection issues with to the Home Hub 2000?

A double NAT will occur when third party equipment such as another router, gateway / switch is connected to your modem. If you are using Wireless Home Internet, a third party VOIP service may not be compatible.

Hi BellNick,

Thanks for replying.  I have the wireless home internet 25 package.  The voip system has been functioning properly for several months, it's just on Sept 29th, it stopped working.  The phones are plugged directly into the HH2000, we don't have a secondary router.  Has something changed to the service that would stop our VOIP phones from working?  

In regards to the devices that will not connect here is what I can't connect no matter what I do:

• SONOS wireless speakers
  • SHARK robotic vacuum cleaner.

Do I need to install a secondary router to be able to connect these devices?  We never had a connection issue until we tried to connect them to the HH2000.

Thanks for your response, CC.

Hi @CumulusClouds ,

Thanks for confirming your package. We would recommend checking out this thread Failed to connect Roborock vacuum cleaner to Bell Wi-FiOpens in a new tab or windowas it may be of assistance with your Sonos speakers and Shark robotic vacuum cleaner.