Site Filtering and other access control on the router

DoubleP
Contributor III

The HUB 4000 has some advanced configuration, but is there a way to get more advance feature, like web site filtering or time-based access control? 

Bell directed me to the McAfee parental control to manage access control... but c'mon... what an dated, archaic, way to innefectively attempt to limit youtube consumtion for kids who have multiple, modern devices... 

Access control should be easily managed directly at the modem. 

Any thoughts?

16 REPLIES 16

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Hi @DoubleP ,

Bell has delegated access control to the Wi-Fi app. You'll need to download and install it on a mobile device. 

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/bell-wi-fi/id1294709587

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plumewifi.plume.iguana&hl=en_CA

More on the functions here: https://support.bell.ca/internet/connection-help/what-is-the-bell-wi-fi-app-and-how-do-i-use-it?step...

Cheers,

ZaneP

I don't work for Bell, I'm just a customer

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

DoubleP
Contributor III

Thanks ZaneP, I had looked into it and it is not really cutting it.  The only option is to find a specific device and to cut on/off internet, no filtering.  

thanks again for sharing info.

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

The best option for you could be a 3rd-party router connected to the HH4K, one that has a lot of granularity for access control.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

DoubleP
Contributor III

Agreed, just a matter of waiting for a good Wifi 6E mesh solution to come out, then yes.  It would have been nice for Bell to enable the setting that already exists on the router but not made accessible, in their tacked-on GUI.

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I'd like access to the firewall, but it's also not available. I'm sure it's in the firmware settings.

How do we set this up using PC/Windows computer? If I can access router's interface from any browser, I should be able access those functions within that same interface.

Hi there @namsilat 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community. 
You can access your Modem GUI interface by typing " 192.168.2.1 " into your web-browser where you can access the Access Control feature. For blocking sites you'll need to do this through your anti-virus software.
Hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Community.

namsilat
Contributor

please tell me exactly where that is, because everyone else says you need an external app for that, and that app is only availble in Android and iOs devices.

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I use the Bell app for this. 

I've had no luck configuring Access control from the modem's dashboard. When you log in, you see this:

dash1.jpg