Connecting Wi-Fi Pod Issue

VB23
Contributor

Hello,

I've read through a bunch of posts about issues with connecting to the wifi pods provided by Bell. I have 4 that the tech provided when I had our internet installed. I read that the serial numbers on the pods need to be registered or recorded by Bell (can't remember if that is the correct wording). The pods don't show up in myBell account, so is that the issue with why they are not showing up or do I need to call in? Was hoping to figure it out without having to call in. Thanks for any tips/tricks/advice!

11 REPLIES 11

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I don't think they have to show up on Mybell. Could be wrong on that.

Did you try using the Bell WiFi app to add them? How to add pods 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

I did download the wifi app and followed the instructions on how to add pods and none show up in the app.

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I remember there was a posting a while ago about someone who purchased the pods from the previous owner and there was something about that not being supported.

So maybe they do somehow have to be tagged to your account. I would like to think the Bell technician would have been able to do so.

Maybe someone who had a pod can provide some more information, but I have not been able to find any information on pod registration with Bell prior to using the pods.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

my pod is not connecting

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

You might want to check out this tutorial on how to install a pod: Bell pod installation 

Why wont my home hub 3000 recognize my bell wifi pods

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Are they registered and showing up on your mybell profile?

For detailed instructions and general troubleshooting tips, see here. 

No, nothing at all

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

At what point below are you stuck?

1. Search for Bell Wi-Fi in the app store for your mobile device.
  2. Download and install the app.
  3. Open the Bell Wi-Fi app and log in using your MyBell username and password. Get help logging in to the Bell Wi-Fi app.
  4. Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your device. The app uses Bluetooth to communicate with the pods during setup.
  5. Plug your pod in a power outlet. If you have more pods, plug them around your home. The empty hexagons indicate how many pods you can plug in.
  6. Keep your mobile device near the pod as you plug it in. The Bell Wi-Fi app will confirm when it's connected.