bell fibe home phone with home hub 3000-internet use

ADM
Contributor II

I have bell fibe home phone with the home hub 3000 that's currently used only for the home phone.

If I connect a lan cable from the home hub 3000 to my pc would the internet work on the pc?Mybell says I have fibe 15 but would the internet work on the pc or not?

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

@ADM wrote:

I just have fibe home phone with Bell and internet and TV with Rogers.Our copper network Bell home phone crapped out back in June after decades of reliable service and Bell refused to fix it as they said they aren't maintaining the copper network in my area anymore.Took three weeks of headaches for Bell to finally install the fibe home phone and fibre optic cable to the home.

No issues with the Bell fibe home phone yet but I don't like the fact it wont work during power failures as the 3000 came with no battery back up.I have to buy that on my own.

I thought the internet might work with the 3000 since the phone works with it but that's not the case.Have to pay extra for internet.

Bell fibe home phone is not a smartphone/cell phone.

Thank you for the clarity. You are correct. If you have not subscribed to Bell's internet service, it will not be active or provisioned at the modem. You will only have home phone service. Each service is supplied and paid for separately.  And yes, Bell is no longer supporting copper wireline service in many areas, as fibre optic is rolled out. In addition, you are correct, There is no battery backup. You will need to buy an uninterruptable power supply or UPS to provide that battery backup. More information here. 
https://support.bell.ca/internet/connection-help/how-to-stay-connected-during-a-power-outage-with-yo... 

If you have a smartphone (not the Home Phone service), you can download the Virtual Repair tool and the Wi-Fi tool from the App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android). Both are really helpful to diagnose and repair simple issues or tell you when to call Bell at 310-BELL.  https://support.bell.ca/  It works no matter who your cell phone provider is. 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Yes, it should work. Just plug in a network cable and your computer should so the rest automatically. Give it about 30 seconds or so. 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

ADM
Contributor II

I connected a cat6 lan network cable from the home hub 3000 to the desktop pc and there is no internet service on the pc,just say's a network cable is disconnected or whatever.No lights on the 3000 ethernet port.It doesn't work.

I guess theres only enough through the Bell fibe internet to make the fibe home phone work.I currently have Rogers cable internet and wanted to see how the Bell internet works before purchasing to avoid any cancellation fees if I didn't like it or there were performance issues.

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Do you have just phone service or have you subscribed to internet as well? Is your phone service working? A good place to start is the Virtual Repair app available for your smartphone. It will check your connection and fix what it can. 

ADM
Contributor II

I just have fibe home phone with Bell and internet and TV with Rogers.Our copper network Bell home phone crapped out back in June after decades of reliable service and Bell refused to fix it as they said they aren't maintaining the copper network in my area anymore.Took three weeks of headaches for Bell to finally install the fibe home phone and fibre optic cable to the home.

No issues with the Bell fibe home phone yet but I don't like the fact it wont work during power failures as the 3000 came with no battery back up.I have to buy that on my own.

I thought the internet might work with the 3000 since the phone works with it but that's not the case.Have to pay extra for internet.

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

@ADM wrote:

Thank you for the clarity. You are correct. If you have not subscribed to Bell's internet service, it will not be active or provisioned at the modem. You will only have home phone service. Each service is supplied and paid for separately.  And yes, Bell is no longer supporting copper wireline service in many areas, as fibre optic is rolled out. In addition, you are correct, There is no battery backup. You will need to buy an uninterruptable power supply or UPS to provide that battery backup. More information here. 
https://support.bell.ca/internet/connection-help/how-to-stay-connected-during-a-power-outage-with-yo... 

If you have a smartphone (not the Home Phone service), you can download the Virtual Repair tool and the Wi-Fi tool from the App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android). Both are really helpful to diagnose and repair simple issues or tell you when to call Bell at 310-BELL.  https://support.bell.ca/  It works no matter who your cell phone provider is.