Block or prevent roaming

Jo1975
Contributor II

I want to block roaming on my cell phone. How would I do this?

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

For your reference, once you've enrolled in roaming, you are covered for all future trips and will only be charged on days when you use your phone in a roaming locale / destination. You will not be charged when you are not roaming. If you'd like to unsubscribe, please call BELL Mobility. Taking this feature off via online is not available.

There are two options available for you: Ask the Bell Mobility representative to: 1. Unsubscribe you completely or 2. Place a restriction on roaming that allows you to activate roaming on a need be basis.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Yes, by all means, leave your device in Airplane mode to avoid any charges.

Although you may not be using Roaming, your device can access data unknowingly to you. If you do not completely power your device off and / or turn off roaming & data, your device can be doing updates, etc.

The surest method to avoid any further roaming charges is to turn your device Airplane mode to on. This will eliminate any potential future charges.

You will still be able to connect to a Wi-Fi  network & use Bluetooth. You would just need to turn them on manually.

Thank you for contacting the Bell Community Forum.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

For your reference, once you've enrolled in roaming, you are covered for all future trips and will only be charged on days when you use your phone in a roaming locale / destination. You will not be charged when you are not roaming. If you'd like to unsubscribe, please call BELL Mobility. Taking this feature off via online is not available.

There are two options available for you: Ask the Bell Mobility representative to: 1. Unsubscribe you completely or 2. Place a restriction on roaming that allows you to activate roaming on a need be basis.

Thank you very much for your reply.I was very concerned because my bill was over 100$ my usual bill and I am on a fixed budget.🫢I will be speaking to a representative of Bell for sure.🤝

Ted26
Contributor

I’m in the U.S. I don’t have a U.S. package on my cell. Can I leave it in airplane mode without being charged?

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Yes, by all means, leave your device in Airplane mode to avoid any charges.

Although you may not be using Roaming, your device can access data unknowingly to you. If you do not completely power your device off and / or turn off roaming & data, your device can be doing updates, etc.

The surest method to avoid any further roaming charges is to turn your device Airplane mode to on. This will eliminate any potential future charges.

You will still be able to connect to a Wi-Fi  network & use Bluetooth. You would just need to turn them on manually.

Thank you for contacting the Bell Community Forum.

Take care.