Message not sent, tap for options

Delta306
Contributor

Hello. I've recently switched to Bell from another carrier.

It's really annoying, but quite often I try to sent a text and can't seem to fix it. Basically what happens is it won't get sent. It will tell me the message wasn't sent and either wait for recipient to become online, or to tap for further options, which ironically is to send via text, which I'm already doing. I've had it only a couple times before I switched over from another carrier.

I'm quite techy, but I've tried everything I could think of and even trying to look it up online wasn't helpful. Sometimes I get this message almost straight away, other times I don't get it for hours. Anyone have any idea on what to try next?

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

This currently happening to us as well. I switched to Bell today, along with 6 other phone numbers (kids and husband) and my phone is the only one that can send and receive texts from people with other providers. No one of the other 6 phones can. And several of my kids need their texting for work and school purposes so if it going to take 7 days to fix the issue we will very quickly not be Bell customers any longer.

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

There is a very thorough article with troubleshooting tips on the issue of not being able to receive text messages here. 

https://support.bell.ca/mobility/Using_my_device/troubleshooting_text_messaging 

If you find after these suggestions that your difficulty continues, you will have to contact Bell Mobility technical Support and open a ticket. You can reach Bell Mobility Technical support here:

Call 1 800 667-0123 Or dial *611 from any Bell mobile device 7 days a week: 6 a.m. to midnight

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Hi there, 

I recently moved my service to Bell from Rogers. Shortly after the move, I couldn't get any texts, and voicemail still went to my old Rogers inbox. Within half an hour or so, the problem seems to have cleared up. 

However, it's now four days later, and I still can't receive texts (specifically SMS) messages from SOME contacts.

Things I have already tried:

Restarting the phone

Turning airplane mode on and then off

Using different apps, and deleting conversation threads

Double checking my APN settings

Strangely, all of the contacts are able to receive SMS and MMS messages sent from me, and I asked one of them to send me an image/MMS back, and that one actually did come through - but he followed up via a regular text/SMS message, and it didn't show up. Likewise, another one of these contacts called me, and the call came through perfectly. 

I'm at my wit's end. The three people that I know can't text me have different types/brands of phones, and are on a couple different networks, so I can't find a common thread between them.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A71, which should be fully supported on Bell's network, and my texting works fine with most of my contacts.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Good morning, @Aaron K. Welcome to the Bell Community, and thanks for your post.

We wanted to check in and see what the current status of your issue with receiving SMS messages. If you're still experiencing issues, we'd recommend some additional troubleshooting beyond what you've already done:

• Insert your current Bell SIM into another phone to test if it's a phone issue, or
  • insert another SIM card into your phone to test if it's a SIM issue. Just as an example, you could use a SIM card from a friend or family member.

If services work fine with a different SIM card in your phone, you'll need to pick up a replacement SIM. This can be done at any local Bell store with a valid piece of photo ID and your account info on hand. You check out our Store LocatorOpens in a new tab or window if you're unsure where your closest location may be.

If when inserting a different SIM card into your phone you continue to experience the same issue, you'll need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance as it is most likely an issue with your phone. Check out Samsung's Help & Contact UsOpens in a new tab or window page for more details.

Give that a try, and let the Community know how it goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you.