Sending messages to Android users

Whiskeyjak
Contributor

I just bought a new iPhone 15 from Bell.  It seems that messages I send to Android users are undeliverable.  Experts on Google (lol) indicate that a) the iPhone 15 doesn't support Android messaging and b) the carrier can correct the issue.  Can carrier Bell help me?

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Good Day & Welcome to the Bell Community Forum

The reason you're not able to send to non-iPhone users is that they don't use iMessage. It sounds like your regular (or SMS) text messaging isn't working, and all your messages are going out as iMessages to other iPhones. When you try to send a message to another phone that doesn't use iMessage, it won't go through. If you go to Settings > Messages, see if "Send as SMS" is turned on.

Do a restart of your iPhone. Once completed, verify that your iOS is up to date

If this does not resolve your problem, then this sounds to me to be a Bell Mobility issue. You should contact Bell Mobility tech support to resolve this matter. Your device may require a Bell Mobility carrier update.

Contact Bell | Bell Mobility, Internet, TV and Home phone | Bell Canada

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

Thanks for your clear explanation and advice, @WelshTerrier  Just thought I'd let you know the outcome.  After realizing my phone calls were also failing to go through, and visiting a Bell store where a call did go through, I ended up at the Apple Store.  The issue was with the esim - I had installed both the esim and the new Bell-provided sim card.

All is well now.

View reply in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Good Day & Welcome to the Bell Community Forum

The reason you're not able to send to non-iPhone users is that they don't use iMessage. It sounds like your regular (or SMS) text messaging isn't working, and all your messages are going out as iMessages to other iPhones. When you try to send a message to another phone that doesn't use iMessage, it won't go through. If you go to Settings > Messages, see if "Send as SMS" is turned on.

Do a restart of your iPhone. Once completed, verify that your iOS is up to date

If this does not resolve your problem, then this sounds to me to be a Bell Mobility issue. You should contact Bell Mobility tech support to resolve this matter. Your device may require a Bell Mobility carrier update.

Contact Bell | Bell Mobility, Internet, TV and Home phone | Bell Canada

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Thanks for your clear explanation and advice, @WelshTerrier  Just thought I'd let you know the outcome.  After realizing my phone calls were also failing to go through, and visiting a Bell store where a call did go through, I ended up at the Apple Store.  The issue was with the esim - I had installed both the esim and the new Bell-provided sim card.

All is well now.

Good Day @Whiskeyjak 

That is great news. Nice to hear your iPhone 15 is now working.

Thank you for your feedback.

Take care & enjoy the rest of your day.