Contract for phone completed

Myself
Contributor

Contract for phone ran out in November. Why is there no change in my bill?

16 REPLIES 16

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Your monthly mobility bill will reduce by the monthly charge that you have been paying towards your iPhone 12.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

My phone is paid off in December, does that mean my phone bill will be cheaper come January? 

When on a contract and I pay off my device will my monthly payments go down? 

Bell Mobility SmartPay

The following link should be of assistance to you. Please reference Bell SmartPay FAQs

What is Bell SmartPay? : What is Bell SmartPay?

13. Am I able to pay my device in full with a one-time payment?

Yes, at any time you may change your plan to one of our available Bring Your Own Device plans and pay your device in full with a one-time payment on the following invoice, ending your device financing arrangement.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Why does my bill never change even after my phone is paid for?

Hello, good time, according to the original contract and the amount purchased from the store, I paid the full amount and I have no debt for the purchase of the phone.

Good Day.

Congratulations that is great news!

You will no longer have monthly payments for your smartphone. You will only be charged the cost of your monthly rate plan. You may also change your plan to one of our available Bring Your Own Device plans

You can view your Balance Details in MyBell. On the Manage my device page, select Device payment details to see:

• Monthly payments – your monthly device payment, number of payments remaining and when the last payment is scheduled
  • Payment agreement summary – a breakdown of the device price, taxes, any down payments and the Financed Amount
  • Payment schedule – the scheduled payment dates and remaining Financed Amount Balance

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Take care.