Cancelling Home Phone, Fibe/Satellite TV, Internet and Equipment status and return

Linda_S
Contributor II

Is it possible to cancel my Fibe tv and internet via MyBell? I understand I can call on the phone but have trouble hearing sometimes and prefer a "written" confirmation that I've cancelled those services (but am keeping my land line). 

Is there anywhere or any way, on MyBell, to confirm that I purchased my PVR / receiver from Bell way back when? I agreed to pay extra for a certain number of years and then it would "be all mine", as explained to me at the time. The online bills don't go back far enough to show this (over 10 years ago). There are no equipment rentals on my recent bills, also no option to "deactivate" my PVR / receiver like there is on the other 2 devicrs that play but don't record. Do either of these prove that I purchased it?  I did read a thread elsewhere on here that a customer with a satellite receiver was told they had to return or pay for it even though they, too, were under the impression they'd purchased it. 

Lastly, is it best to wait for labels to arrive in the mail or try to print my own through the "return equipment" procedure? I realize returning equipment does not cancel the service. And do we have a choice between using Purolator or Canada Post? 

Thanks very much for any help or insight. 

3 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Linda_S 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.

The internet modem would need to be returned when cancelling the internet service.
As for the television receivers, if you log into your MyBell profile and click on "Go to TV overview" and then click "View details" under the Equipment section, it will show all your equipment. If you have any equipment that is Bell owned it will have a spot that says "Rental Fee". If you do not see the this listed, the equipment does not need to be returned as you would own the equipment.
I have attached an example of what it would look like.

Hope this helps and Community is here if you have any further question. 

View reply in original post

To cancel Internet, TV, and Home phone

You will need to call: 310-BELL or 1-866-310-BELL (2355)

Final bills

Your final bill will arrive within 40 days after cancellation.  Your final bill may include the following items:

• Final regular monthly charges:
    If your service is cancelled (by you or by Bell) in the middle of a billing period, you will receive a prorated refund for monthly fees billed at the beginning of the billing period that apply to the period after the cancellation of your services.
  • Early cancellation fees (if applicable):
    If you are cancelling your Bell services and you are still within the contract period, you may be subject to early cancellation fees. The amount depends on the service, and will be added to your final bill.

Equipment return

If you are currently renting equipment such as TV receivers or modems, you will need to return these to Bell.

Note: Do not return your rented equipment to a Bell store.

After your service is cancelled, return instructions will be sent to you by mail within 10 business days. The letter will include a prepaid shipping label for free returns. If you wish to return your equipment prior to receiving the shipping label or if the label does not arrive within 10 business days, visit bell.ca/equipmentreturn.

If you don’t return the equipment, or return it damaged, Bell may charge you an equipment non-return fee. This can range from $75 to $599.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

If you haven’t already contacted Bell to cancel your TV service, please do so before you return your rental equipment. Returning your rental equipment does not cancel your service.

Bell Fibe TV or Bell Satellite TV

1. To cancel your Bell Fibe TV service after it’s been activated, call 1 866 310-BELL (2355).
  2. To cancel your Bell Satellite TV service, call 1-888 SKY DISH (759-3474).

After your TV service is cancelled, rental equipment return instructions will be sent to you.

You will need to return your rental equipment within 30 days, an equipment non-return fee may be charged to your account for each piece of rental equipment outstanding. Do not return your rented equipment to a Bell store.

Let us know on the Bell Community Forum if we can provide any further assistance.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

53 REPLIES 53

Linda_S
Contributor II

Update: I was able to cancel by phone but rep was not able to tell me what equipment needs to be returned. He said it would be in the email but it is not. (I could not find a way to edit my previous post.)

Hi there @Linda_S 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.

The internet modem would need to be returned when cancelling the internet service.
As for the television receivers, if you log into your MyBell profile and click on "Go to TV overview" and then click "View details" under the Equipment section, it will show all your equipment. If you have any equipment that is Bell owned it will have a spot that says "Rental Fee". If you do not see the this listed, the equipment does not need to be returned as you would own the equipment.
I have attached an example of what it would look like.

Hope this helps and Community is here if you have any further question. 

Thank you so much, @BellNick ! I'd looked there before but didn't know how to interpret it all. All that's showing is location, MAC address, option to upgrade for the PVR, and options to deactivate or remove the other two. No rental fees, even of zero dollars. If I can figure out how to upload an image, I will share it here. Again, thank you so much! 

You will need to call: 310-BELL or 1-866-310-BELL (2355)

Final bills

Your final bill will arrive within 40 days after cancellation.  Your final bill may include the following items:

If your service is cancelled (by you or by Bell) in the middle of a billing period, you will receive a prorated refund for monthly fees billed at the beginning of the billing period that apply to the period after the cancellation of your services.
    If you are cancelling your Bell services and you are still within the contract period, you may be subject to early cancellation fees. The amount depends on the service, and will be added to your final bill.

Equipment return

If you are currently renting equipment such as TV receivers or modems, you will need to return these to Bell.

Note: Do not return your rented equipment to a Bell store.

After your service is cancelled, return instructions will be sent to you by mail within 10 business days. The letter will include a prepaid shipping label for free returns. If you wish to return your equipment prior to receiving the shipping label or if the label does not arrive within 10 business days, visit bell.ca/equipmentreturn.

If you don’t return the equipment, or return it damaged, Bell may charge you an equipment non-return fee. This can range from $75 to $599.

Please contact:

Bell Customer Service billing & orders at: 310-BELL or at 1-866-310-BELL

Final bills

Here is link to assist you in canceling your services.

What you need to know if you cancel your services

https://support.bell.ca/billing-and-accounts/i-want-to-cancel-my-bell-services#:~:text=If%20your%20s....

I want to stop all TV channels

If you haven’t already contacted Bell to cancel your TV service, please do so before you return your rental equipment. Returning your rental equipment does not cancel your service.

Bell Fibe TV or Bell Satellite TV

1. To cancel your Bell Fibe TV service after it’s been activated, call 1 866 310-BELL (2355).
  2. To cancel your Bell Satellite TV service, call 1-888 SKY DISH (759-3474).

After your TV service is cancelled, rental equipment return instructions will be sent to you.

You will need to return your rental equipment within 30 days, an equipment non-return fee may be charged to your account for each piece of rental equipment outstanding. Do not return your rented equipment to a Bell store.

Let us know on the Bell Community Forum if we can provide any further assistance.

Hello,

I want to cancel my home service; Internet, TV and Home Phone. How do I go by doing this? I have already disconnected everything and is ready to be returned. 

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

You will need to call: 310-BELL or 1-866-310-BELL (2355)

Early cancellation fees (if applicable):

Final regular monthly charges:

Equipment return

Note: Do not return your rented equipment to a Bell store.

After your service is cancelled, return instructions will be sent to you by mail within 10 business days. The letter will include a prepaid shipping label for free returns. If you wish to return your equipment prior to receiving the shipping label or if the label does not arrive within 10 business days, visit bell.ca/equipmentreturn.