Travel Pass Removal

westcoaster
Contributor

why is Bell no longer offering the Travel Plan with voice and data . 60$/month.

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

BellAntgio

Hey @westcoaster!

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the discontinuation of our suite of Travel Passes.

We discontinued our Travel Passes because we found that Roam Better – with home data is preferred by our customers due to its simplicity and flexibility. With Roam Better – with home data, you can use the data from your Mobility rate plan, plus get unlimited talk and text for $13/day in the U.S. and $16/day in over 200 international destinations. Plus, you only pay for the days that you use your device while roaming!

Click hereOpens in a new tab or window to learn more about Roam Better – with home data and check out eligible destinations.

We hope you’ll give Roam Better – with home data a chance and see how it can help you talk, text and post worry-free while you travel.

View reply in original post

27 REPLIES 27

BellAntgio

Hey @westcoaster!

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the discontinuation of our suite of Travel Passes.

We discontinued our Travel Passes because we found that Roam Better – with home data is preferred by our customers due to its simplicity and flexibility. With Roam Better – with home data, you can use the data from your Mobility rate plan, plus get unlimited talk and text for $13/day in the U.S. and $16/day in over 200 international destinations. Plus, you only pay for the days that you use your device while roaming!

Click hereOpens in a new tab or window to learn more about Roam Better – with home data and check out eligible destinations.

We hope you’ll give Roam Better – with home data a chance and see how it can help you talk, text and post worry-free while you travel.

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Ireland.  I am curious as to how Bell feels justified in charging either $14 or $16 a day for roaming fees.  This is completely ridiculous !!! 
in 2013 I travelled to Finland and was able to purchase a plan that cost less than $100 for a month .  It doesn’t look like Bell offers this kind of plan anymore.  

just venting …

Joey 

Driller
Contributor III

I want to make my complaint know about discontinuing the monthly travel passes. The daily roaming fees are theft if you are away for more than a week. We are in italy and France for 6 weeks and have always had the travel passes as a backup for emergency calls from home or car issues.  If 1 text comes through then it's 480 dollars a month.   Pure profit Ober the previous 80 or 120 dollar travel passes that had reasonable limits

As one of thousands of snowbirds who are bell mobility customers, these plans were ideal.  The remaining options are far too expensive when snowbirds are in the USA for 3-6 months of the year.

Are 30-day travel passes no longer available?

BellAntgio - how, with a straight face, can you possibly say that Roam is preferred by your customers?

Three weeks abroad for a family of 4 on Roam = $1,300.  On a Travel Plan it was about $60 x 4 = $240.  This customer (and the others posting here) obviously prefer the old Travel Plans.

And you state that Roam is "flexible", but it seems the opposite to me.  If I receive one text it will trigger the $16 daily Roam charge.  If Roam was truly flexible, Bell would charge the "pay per use" rates until they exceed the Roam daily charge.

Please let me know what you would do travelling to Europe with a family of four, faced with a $1300 Bell Mobility bill.  What's my best option?

Thanks

No, they are not. Bell stopped offering them in March this year (2023).

jacjanes
Contributor

Bell Roam is strictly a money grab for Bell...If you are on a business who cares, the Employer pays for that!  Normal family, travellers are getting totally ripped. Two weeks cost me $220 whereas i used to pay $60. for 60 days and that's for basically turning on your phone. I never came near using all the data and minutes.You must have surveyed all business class. Show us the survey. Come on Bell do the right thing for the majority of your customers and offer both... Where is your reply to Tormato???

I am in the US and want to add the daily plan