Bell Streamer constantly rebooting in a loop

NickSheehy
Contributor

Received my new Bell Streamer, plugged it into my TV, paired the remote and set it up on my WiFi network via the Google assistant... so far so good.

It then downloaded an update, after applying the update, it rebooted and is stuck in a loop ever since.

It constantly cycles between the same 3 pages:
1. White screen with Bell logo
2. Android TV logo page
3. Some blue screen Bell Welcome page, but after less than a second it reboots and cycles back to the first page.

It does this constantly and never ends.

I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but keeps doing the same thing.

I also tried the multiple step Factory Reset using the remote, but don't think that this would work as the device keeps rebooting every few seconds.

Is there another Factory Reset that can be done ?

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

Retiredandbored
Contributor III

Welcome. 

Sounds like a failed upgrade. 

Try this. 

Unplug the box

Push the button on the side and hold while plugging it back on. 

Release the button after around 3 seconds. 

Make sure you tv is on. 

Hopefully you will see the boot loader options. 

Try the volume up down on then scroll down to factory reset and push ok. 

If the remote doesn't work click the button on the box and each click will move the list down until you get to factory reset. 

Push and hold the button and factory reset should begin. 

If this fails call bell tv support explain what you have done and they may try some trouble shooting with you and if all fails they will send a replacement. 

My experience is it comes next or second day. 

In meantime you can watch tv on your computer and you can use an HDMI cord to connect to the tv. 

See if the one that came with the streamer is long enough. 

If you have one of the approved devices

https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-TV-App#:~:text=Watch%20on%20your%20big%20screen,TV%20device%2C%20or%20Apple....

Yóu can use fibe tv app for now by installing the app and logging in and play it on the tv

Good luck and hope you are up and running soon. 

Bruce

View reply in original post

NickSheehy
Contributor

Thanks Bruce, 

Using your instructions (holding power button while powering on the device) allowed me to get into the Boot Loader options and I was able to do a successful factory reset.

Thanks again.

View reply in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Retiredandbored
Contributor III

Welcome. 

Sounds like a failed upgrade. 

Try this. 

Unplug the box

Push the button on the side and hold while plugging it back on. 

Release the button after around 3 seconds. 

Make sure you tv is on. 

Hopefully you will see the boot loader options. 

Try the volume up down on then scroll down to factory reset and push ok. 

If the remote doesn't work click the button on the box and each click will move the list down until you get to factory reset. 

Push and hold the button and factory reset should begin. 

If this fails call bell tv support explain what you have done and they may try some trouble shooting with you and if all fails they will send a replacement. 

My experience is it comes next or second day. 

In meantime you can watch tv on your computer and you can use an HDMI cord to connect to the tv. 

See if the one that came with the streamer is long enough. 

If you have one of the approved devices

https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-TV-App#:~:text=Watch%20on%20your%20big%20screen,TV%20device%2C%20or%20Apple....

Yóu can use fibe tv app for now by installing the app and logging in and play it on the tv

Good luck and hope you are up and running soon. 

Bruce

NickSheehy
Contributor

Thanks Bruce, 

Using your instructions (holding power button while powering on the device) allowed me to get into the Boot Loader options and I was able to do a successful factory reset.

Thanks again.