Message on TV saying *no signal, press source to check your source*

LcJ
Contributor III

Message on TV saying *no signal, press source to check your source* where do I find source? I don't see it on the remote anywhere

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

The signal source, which is what is being looked for, is often found on the TV remote, which calls up the TV menus. Check that first. If that is not successful, try the Virtual Repair tool on a smartphone to see if there are other issues. 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

LcJ
Contributor III
  1. Could not find anything on the remote, but Virtual Repair did the trick! I had forgotten about that tool. Thanks so much @dks, and happy New Year to you!

View reply in original post

9 REPLIES 9

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

The signal source, which is what is being looked for, is often found on the TV remote, which calls up the TV menus. Check that first. If that is not successful, try the Virtual Repair tool on a smartphone to see if there are other issues. 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

LcJ
Contributor III
  1. Could not find anything on the remote, but Virtual Repair did the trick! I had forgotten about that tool. Thanks so much @dks, and happy New Year to you!

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I am pleased you were able to fix the problem. Virtual Repair can be very useful. 

FakeNameBoots
Contributor II

I had a similar issue that kept happening a few times per week. In the end it looks like configuring the pod from 4k to 1080 fixed the problem.

I have a Hisense Roku TV. When it turns on, you need to select FibeTv in the menu, but there is no option or source selection button to do this on the new voice remote. I can turn the TV on and off with the new remote, but do I have to use the original Hisense remote to toggle through the main input screen? 

Good Day & Welcome to the Bell Community Forum.

Check your TV settings.
The Voice remote does not mimic all of the functions of the original TV remote. E.g. Source input, etc. Depending on your tv manufacturer & model, in your case Hisense Roku, many TV’s have a setting that will take you to the last viewed source of input. You should check your TV settings & if available adjust accordingly. If your TV does not have this, then you may need to change input sources manually with your Roku remote.

Take care.

Thanks for that. The reason I asked is because my Rogers Ignite remote, as well as older Bell remotes, had an input change or options button that I was hoping was integrated somewhere in the new voice remote. After spending a fair amount of time searching, it's fair to say it's not there.

Check the settings on the TV itself.  My parents have a Hisense Roku TV and I changed the default power on input to go directly to the set-top box instead of the Home screen.

I believe it is under Settings\System\Power -- at least from the manual I just read.

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the settings for the tv when I get home.