What happened to the fibe app on web browser?

schor
Contributor II

Looks like the interface changed for the worse. The guide does not take me directly to what is currently playing and I now have to click the play button. Who comes up with this? More clicks instead of less clicks? Ok, ya everyone is loving that.

Anyone know how to get the old interface back?

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

BellDRock
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Our team is actively reviewing and escalating your feedback.

The goal of our most recent web release was to align with our TV & mobile devices, while also prioritizing accessibility in accordance with 2.1 WCAG AA standards.

We truly appreciate your input and thank you for your continued support. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to improve our product.

View reply in original post

47 REPLIES 47

Rick10
Contributor

The new web interface is horrible.  And the side guide is missing so now you can't watch a show and scroll the guide at the same time.  And agree, the play button makes no sense.

TVO
Contributor II

All of a sudden you can't browse "On Now" channels directly from the screen while watching a channel. Instead you have scroll down past 'trending' and 'favourites' and then scroll through a list of what's on now. This is way less convenient and can't see the channel you're watching while doing this. Why did this change and how to change back?

schor
Contributor II

And there is no where to leave a comment to bell about the change.

I'm going to give it a few days then try live chat or phone call though I suspect that won't do much.  Hopefully they accidentally released a beta version.

spaceman1967
Contributor III

Horrible update to the interface!!!! I have searched the web and the app to see if you can change any settings but just like Bell to change one of the only good things they had going!☹️

The least they could have done was have the app work on the web browser the same way it does on a TV!!!!!!😠

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Looks like they are trying to. The recent half-measures changes let the website be ready to have Restart function just like the TV app, so does the disappearance of side guide and probably the relocation of On Now. But it seems the developer forgot to change the click on the currently playing program and the highest picture quality still not as good as on TV.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

It seems that the web interface for Fibre TV   was changed this week, without notice.

The current new interface is  not user centric and it lacks all of the functionality of the  former interface.  Its frustrating to use.  It is very much a step backwards.

Is it possible to revert back, or at least give the  option to the user to select which interface they prefer? 

Dale149
Contributor

Does Bell see these replies?  I hope so because I would like the web browser fixed as well.  The biggest problem I have is when I am in full screen mode they have removed the guide button for some reason.  so in order to see the guide I need to first exit fullscreen and then choose guide.  not sure why they would take away options that made using this easier!   if anyone from Bell sees this, please change the interface back, it was much better before.