Add other sympatico.ca email addresses to existing Webmail - External Account Authentication Failure

TorontoVP
Contributor

Hello,

In the older version of Webmail I could add my other Sympatico email addresses on the left hand column under the main email account. Now in the new version of Webmail the other Sympatico email accounts have disappeared. How do I get access to them in the new version. One cannot use the "Import email account" under Mail Settings, as that is for use in an email software not web based email. Is that correct?

Why doesn't Bell fully test out the new version to make sure that all of the main basic features working in the older version are brought over to the new version successfully,  before releasing it to the public!!!

Sincerely.

34 REPLIES 34

I have tried this and keep getting an authentication failure message.  Tech on the phone could not help. 

Until it is fixed, how else can I access my mail?  I have been without it for two days!

I can still use my second email account that is no longer available on the Bell Webmail on my iPhone and iPad. 

threegreens
Contributor II

I have tried the Android app on my tablet.  I can only access my MyBell account with its offers for more products (as if I were in the mood!).  Trying to access my mail gets me back to the Webmail  site - dead end.

I must be missing something obvious...

The error msg varies:  sometimes "authentication failure", sometimes "unable to connect to external..."

DKG
Contributor II

Same error message / issues with existing sympatico accounts since conversion day last weekend.   Have been periodically "rechecking"  Settings>Mail>Import email account settings, with no luck. Frustrating having to sign out and back in to access what was conveniently there. Also lost the ability to efficiently manage emails  with in the three addresses i.e. copy and moving between etc. Not impressed. Reading the contributions, Bell's tech team are aware of the issues. I wonder  Bell - has the issue been escalated by the front line team? 

Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback. We have made improvements to Bell email to fix this issue. Can you please let me know if you are still seeing this issue?

Thanks, 

MT

I am a Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

DKG
Contributor II

Any Updates??

Re: Same error message / issues with existing sympatico accounts since conversion day last weekend.   Have been periodically "rechecking"  Settings>Mail>Import email account settings, with no luck. Frustrating having to sign out and back in to access what was conveniently there. Also lost the ability to efficiently manage emails  with in the three addresses i.e. copy and moving between etc. Not impressed. Reading the contributions, Bell's tech team are aware of the issues. I wonder  Bell - has the issue been escalated by the front line team? 

Have tried many, many, many times to import my other email addresses.  Have tried to do what bell says,  IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!   Even reentering the advanced settings DOES NOT WORK!!!!!   Bell, when are you going to fix this.  I am very, very, very ticked off.

ConfusedOne
Contributor II

I am in the same boat, and it still doesn't work. Definitely a "my first web site" attempt. Any idea when this will get fixed?

ConfusedOne
Contributor II

I continue to have the same problem.  Has anyone seen any evidence of Bell fixing this issue?

Pj
Contributor III

Not a hint... This is really getting annoying... And for this service we pay a premium???
I guess it's pointless to try and get any help on the phone, huh?