Add other sympatico.ca email addresses to existing Webmail - External Account Authentication Failure

TorontoVP
Contributor

Hello,

In the older version of Webmail I could add my other Sympatico email addresses on the left hand column under the main email account. Now in the new version of Webmail the other Sympatico email accounts have disappeared. How do I get access to them in the new version. One cannot use the "Import email account" under Mail Settings, as that is for use in an email software not web based email. Is that correct?

Why doesn't Bell fully test out the new version to make sure that all of the main basic features working in the older version are brought over to the new version successfully,  before releasing it to the public!!!

Sincerely.

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback. We have made improvements to Bell email to fix this issue. Can you please let me know if you are still seeing this issue?

Thanks, 

MT

I am a Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

34 REPLIES 34

Pj
Contributor III

Ok... So the rollout of the new webmail has happened... And honeslty, it broke a lot of things that were working perfectly before.
I can no longer access my imported accounts (granted, we were warned that this would happen and we would have to add them again)
BUT... I have been trying to do so for over the last 24 hours and keep getting an authentication failure notice.
Please fix this ASAP... It is very important that I have that other account visible and accessible while using my main email account from the web / tablet / computer.
At the moment, I'm a very frustrated and unhappy Bell user!!

Harley
Contributor II

Previously, I had several email accounts listed on the left side panel.  After the update the secondary email accounts disappeared and whenever I try to import them via Settings>Mail>Import email account, I get an error message "External account connection failure".  I have rechecked and confirmed my incoming and outgoing server info through Bell chat, and they are not the problem; imap.bell.net, port 993, smtphm.sympatico.ca, port 25 or 587.  What else can I do, or is this a bug that is being worked on by Bell?

Pj
Contributor III

I hope they are going to fix this Soon! 

They took something that was working well and totally broke it! 

Lost-one
Contributor II

How do I correct "External account authentication failure"?

How do I correct "External account authentication failure"?

I love when Bell changes their sympatico email platform and fails to answer basic questions from users how to add an existing account from gmail/ hotmail/ etc.  

Does anyone know how to "authenticate" an existing email address?   tia

MT_User
Bell Employee

Thanks for your feedback. To add another mail account you can do this my going to settings then mail and from the dropdown click "Import email account".

Hopefully this helps. 

I am a Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Isn't the feature "Import email account" to import your non-Bell emails such as Gmail. I have a main Bell sympatico.ca email address, and I wish to also see the two other secondary emails I have with Bell within Webmail. In the old version of Webmail I was able to add more sympatico email accounts in the left-hand column.

Anyway I tried the "Import email account" just to see if it works and I get an error message.

Pj
Contributor III

having the same problem....

Same here.  Technical assistant on the phone was unable to help.