Advanced DMZ

yokushka
Contributor

Bell, please fix hub 4000 Advanced DMZ bug - public IP is not provided for device with static IP address. In my case device also need to be put in DMZ by MAC and not by IP.

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

BellPatricia

Hi there @yokushka, thanks for reaching out to the Bell Community.

When you configure ADMZ on device X and device X requests an IP address via DHCP (dynamic not static IP), the Home Hub will offer device X the public IP address.

If you have set up a static IP address, that means your device will never request an IP address and for that reason will never be in ADMZ.

In the Home Hub GUI (192.168.2.1) under Advanced settings > DMZ you can pick the device you want to add in DMZ. The MAC address should be listed there too.

Let the Community know if you have any other questions.

- Patricia

View reply in original post

20 REPLIES 20

BellPatricia

Hi there @yokushka, thanks for reaching out to the Bell Community.

When you configure ADMZ on device X and device X requests an IP address via DHCP (dynamic not static IP), the Home Hub will offer device X the public IP address.

If you have set up a static IP address, that means your device will never request an IP address and for that reason will never be in ADMZ.

In the Home Hub GUI (192.168.2.1) under Advanced settings > DMZ you can pick the device you want to add in DMZ. The MAC address should be listed there too.

Let the Community know if you have any other questions.

- Patricia

Ben2
Contributor II

I just received a HH Giga and can't seem to get an ip address on my router (Asus Ax88u) when configured in DMZ and advanced DMZ with the router mac. 

I used to connect with the same router using the SFP from the HH3000 in a media adapter bypassing it completely. Everything was working fine with PPPOE connection with myû asus router.

Now I want to use de Giga hub but I just can't get it to connect either in PPPOE or with DMZ. Am I missing something here?  The Hub works well if I connect directly to it.

Ben2
Contributor II

Here is what I tried:

HH giga in dmz. Advanced DMZ with mac address of router as the device. WAN port of router in LAN port of HH Giga and internet connection as Automatic IP.

2nd setup: HHGiga in dmz with IP of the router, Router in static IP. Same connections as setup 1

3rd setup: HH Giga in dmz and advanced DMZ with mac of the router. Router in PPPOE with b1*** credentials.Same connections as setup 1.

The weird thing is that HH assigns a weird IP to my router when I look at connected devices (169.1.1.1) which in turn doesnt work with my router that says ISP DHCP does not function properly.

What am I doing wrong? 

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I suggest you post in the DSL Reports Bell Canada forum for user support. Users there may have more assistance. You will need to register for a free account. There are also two forums,  Bell Canada, a user forum,  and Bell Canada Direct, which is private and is monitored by Bell techs. 

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/sympat

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Patricia, Thank you for your answer. However, with full respect if it is what your developers told you, they were not completely honest with you. In this case, please remove from firmware option to DMZ device by IP.
With full respect and Thank you in advance.

Eric1194
Contributor II

Hi, I have weird issue with Advance DMZ also, My device do get the public IP, but for Some reason the Subnet mask is (128.0.0.0) Causing issue as it overlaps with other subnet on my firewall. I have found a temporary fix, I just set my device to static with the public and change the subnet mask to (/32) (255.255.255.255) everything work for a few days then just nothing. I just got my Firmware updated to 1.16, but same issue.

snowblower
Regular Contributor

I also have seen this "169.1.1.1" IP address when I attempted to use "Advanced DMZ" feature.  169.1.1.1 is an allocated public IP address, so this looks like a bug. And the connection didn't work, to boot. I reverted to regular DMZ and it worked.

Hi team, I have a new fibre internet service and looking to use ADMZ so I am not double NATted.   I have my router set up and configured and the WAN ip is passed through the Giga Hub as expected however the subnet mask is bad and the gateway is in a completely different subnet making it impossible for the ADMZ to work. 

My IP address was delivered using DHCP as 184.xxx.xxx.xxx.  My Subnet mask was delivered as 255.255.255.0/24.  My Gateway was delivered as 10.xxx.xxx.xxx.  This configuration simply won't work.  The netmask needs to be 0.0.0.0/0. or the gateway needs to be in the same subnet as the issued ip.

Any thoughts on how to get this fixed?

Adventureboy
Contributor

@BellPatricia  I do not see anything in the history that addresses the incorrect ip details I receive from Bell's Giga Hub when set to ADMZ mode.  I am not using static ip.   The ip details are give to my router through DHCP and of course, I have no control on what the Bell Giga Hub sends.  Will firmware version 1.19 solve this?  I am on FW 1.16.5