Contributor

why my bell modem Giga hub cannot detect my wi-fi connection on my computer

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Hi @Chevydave 

How old is your laptop? Have you tried to update the network drivers?

When we switched to Bell, the only device which couldn't see the Bell SSID was an aging HP laptop. It had no problem seeing the SSID from our previous modem.

I tried everything, but couldn't get a wifi connection. So I gave up, bought a D-Link AC1300 Nano usb adapter from The Source, and disabled the built-in wifi adapter.

The laptop saw the SSID, and I logged it in. Problem solved. Perhaps this will work for you.

(FYI: as a Bell customer I got a discount at The Source. Info here:https://www.bell.ca/bell-advantages).

Cheers,

ZaneP

I don't work for Bell

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

45 REPLIES 45

BellNick

Hi there @encar03 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
Do you have other devices that detect your WiFi?
Is your WiFi on your computer turned on?
Looking forward to hearing back. 

Changed to bell yesterday.  Have the hh4000 on the 1.5gb plan.  All my other devices recognize the bell wifi except my laptop. All was working fine before the switch.  I haven't changed any settings. Help

Hi  nick.. All my other devices 2 cell phones a tablet and a gaming console have all recognized and are on the wifi. Only the laptop will not detect my wifi

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Hi @Chevydave 

How old is your laptop? Have you tried to update the network drivers?

When we switched to Bell, the only device which couldn't see the Bell SSID was an aging HP laptop. It had no problem seeing the SSID from our previous modem.

I tried everything, but couldn't get a wifi connection. So I gave up, bought a D-Link AC1300 Nano usb adapter from The Source, and disabled the built-in wifi adapter.

The laptop saw the SSID, and I logged it in. Problem solved. Perhaps this will work for you.

(FYI: as a Bell customer I got a discount at The Source. Info here:https://www.bell.ca/bell-advantages).

Cheers,

ZaneP

I don't work for Bell

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Thx for the tip. Laptop is about 7 yr old. Shouldn't make a difference really as my cell phone is a Samsung s8

Yo_its_Jaron
Contributor III

It really sounds like the laptop's wifi spec is the issue.

Samsung S8 has 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac or WiFi-5. If your laptop is cheaper, it might only have had 802.11g despite only being about 7 years old. image

Gigabit Fibe 3.0 -> Bell GigaHub -> SWITCH:TP-Link TL-SX1008 10 Gbe -> NIC:10Gtek Intel X540 10Gbe

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Hi @Yo_its_Jaron 

This was the problem with the HP laptop I wrote about. It was 802.11g. @Chevydave may have the same issue.

I just installed a Giga hub router instead of my old Home hub 3000 router, as I upgraded my internet to 8GB.  But the problem is that my laptop can't discover and show my new wifi, while it shows the neighbors wifis.  However, at the same time my iphone is able to show and connect to the new wifi.   Of course, it sounds like a problem with my laptop.  Any idea or advice?  Thanks. 

I cannot see my bell wifi name on the wifi list (this is on my laptop) and hence cannot connect to internet.

Kindly advise.

Thanks