Move Fibre Jack on Wall

RyanH
Contributor II

I'm doing a renovation and my fibre jack is too low on the wall. The baseboards need to be cut around it and I want to avoid this. Is it possible for me to move this myself? I called Bell tech support and I don't want to pay $75 for a technician to come out and move this 3 inches up the wall.

6 REPLIES 6

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I trust you are the home owner. If you own the home, you own the inside wiring. If you know what you are doing then there is no problem moving the wiring yourself. If you do not know what you are doing, then $75.00 is a pretty cheap cost to pay to have someone come out and do it for you. If it does not work after you do move it yourself, you will be out of service & ultimately be responsible for the repair costs.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Yes you’re right. I think best course of action is to just leave it alone. I’d rather not have to messed with and potentially the fibre cable breaks. Thanks for the advice!

I need to move the tv/internet connection to another side of my living room what can I do?

If it is wireless, you should be able to do it yourself. If it is hardwired, you can contact Bell technical support & arrange to have a technician visit to make this change for you. There will be a service charge involved in completing this work. When you contact Bell they will provide an approximate cost to complete this work for you.

For this Move request you can communicate with our customer service department:
Ontario and Quebec toll-free: Dial 310-BELL (2355)
From anywhere in Canada and the U.S.: 1-866-310-BELL (1-866-310-2355)
Monday to Friday 8 AM-9 PM.
Saturday and Sunday 9 AM-6 PM
Technical support is available every day Monday to Sunday: 24 hours/day

Before getting inside wiring work done (by Bell or other technicians), ensure that you:

• Request a warranty. Bell provides a 30-day warranty for all labour and materials.
  • Confirm that technicians are qualified. Bell 's technicians and Bell Approved Contractors are trained and knowledgeable.
I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

oblender
Contributor II

I contacted the repair department to schedule a technician to come to my suite and move my fibre jack but they refused saying that all services are working.  Is there any way for this to be done?  I would like my fibre jack moved to my wiring closet as it was installed in the den.  I also have home phone which is connected to the home hub.  

Well, what can I say!. Are you sure they refused to help you out or is there some other reason that they provided to you that would explain this?

Did anyone mention to you that there is an equipment relocation fee to complete this work operation. It is $75.00.

If you are the owner of the unit and / or you have permission from the owner to relocate the wiring & it is physically possible to do so, then I can not out give you any reason why Bell would not offer to do this for you?

If the information  you are providing is complete & accurate as you suggest, then I would:

1. Contact Bell once again & explain just what it is you would like done in clear & concise details.
  2. If you do not receive a satisfactory answer, then ask to speak to a manager.
  3. If you still are not happy with the answer you are receiving then you can reach out to the following:

How to resolve your concern

How to resolve your concern (bell.ca)

Fill in the information as requested and a Bell Management Team representative will contact you.

If you need further help, please let me know & I will do my best to assist you.

Take care.