Packetloss on 5ghz gigahub

Gptechman
Contributor III

It's only happens on weekends whenever stream youtube it buffers and load for long time packet loss can be high up to 1%

Sometimes higher

11 REPLIES 11

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Any other services besides Youtube effected?

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Tiktok, instagram. My security cameras (cloud based(

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

When this happens again, perform a speed test from within the modem to ensure you get your profile speed.

Speed test 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

I did and I have good speeds, 1.6g and 1g up

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

If your speed is good on the modem test, the issue may be outside of Bell. 

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Does the packet loss occur on wireless connections, wired connections, or a mixture of both?

Only on wireless

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Next time it happens, try a wired connection if you can. To rule out an issue with WiFi.

Cookie44
Contributor II

I. get this constantly always buffering and telling me not enough band width pay $280 a month for this slow slow internet getting really fed up with it...Complained technicians come in take a look and walk straight back out... really feel getting ripped off as a Senior who knows nothing about all these instructions Bell give you......will be looking around this summer for a better provider who can give me what I am paying for full internet speed.