Slow internet speed from google nest Wi-Fi pro 6e router

Wildbill
Contributor II

Hi Folks,

I am paying for 1.5 Gbps download speed and I am consistently getting 77 Mbps to 90 Mbps speeds from my  google nest wifi pro 6e router? This is only 2/3 of the speeds i am paying for? My router can handle speeds of 1000 Mbps.

Why is this the case?

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BellPatricia,

I swapped out my Ethernet cables for cat 5a cables and I am now getting the speeds i am looking for. Can’t believe the difference the new cable makes but it does.

Thx for your help

View reply in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

It's actually about 1/15 of your advertised download speed. 2/3 would be 1000 Mbps.

There's a bit more information required to troubleshoot this a bit further:

- How is the router connected to the home hub?

- While this is advertised as a "router", it's more of a Mesh Wifi Extender. I am therefore assuming you are getting the 77-90 Mbps on a Wifi connection?

- Best way to troubleshoot is using a wired connection to the router and do a speed test, to rule out any issues between the router and the home hub.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

How do I do this?

Sorry, the router is connected to the home hub via Ethernet. 

Yes, I am getting 77 Mbps to 90 Mbps through my wireless connection.

How do i set up a wire connection to my router to do a speed test?

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Bell speed test This will test both the profile speed of your Bell modem, and the internet speed of your Bell modem.

I do not think you can use the second ethernet port on the Google nest as a LAN port, so the next best option would be to unplug the ethernet cable plugged into your Google nest and run a speed test using that same cable plugged directly into the ethernet port of a PC or MAC. Then do a test using Ookla to rule out any issues with the ethernet link between your Bell modem and your Google nest.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Hi Vanadiel,

Connected directly to the bell modem via Ethernet and i  am getting 94 Mbps up and down after a couple of speed tests by ookla. 

Is the bell modem the issue?

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Sounds like a profile issue. It's typically someone from the Bell team who can fix this for you.

They will likely see this thread and respond by Monday typically.

Hi there @Wildbill,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bell Community, and for all of the steps you've tried so far.

Can you please do a Bell Speed testOpens in a new tab or window and share a photo of the results with us? Be sure to include the speed to your modem and to the device.

Looking forward to your reply,

- Patricia

jackd
Contributor III

I was in the same boat.  Neighbour gave me his modem id and I got 3 g  just like he did  so no issue with mine or Bell equipment.   He connected to my modem  800m  same as I got.  I switched to Bell internet service thru cell towers.  I don't know what they call this service.  3G  constantly  450g a month data then speed drops,  I rarely get near this amount of download. Works for me,  just lost port forward function,  so I do without  Cheers 

Wildbill_0-1710795855474.png