Suspect email

BuckhornBilly
Contributor

Did anyone receive an email such as this?

Hello Customer,

A problem has arisen with your email account.

The number of outbound emails generated from your account violates the bell.ca Services Agreement and/or Acceptable Use Policy.

This could be due to inadvertent activity on your part.

In order to shield your email address from being blacklisted, we have suspended all outgoing mail from your account.

To remove the suspension on your account, simply log in below to confirm ownership of the email address:
The process takes less than a minute, link is valid for 12 hours only.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Bell Support. All Rights Reserved.

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

John-Davidson
Contributor III

Please click "Mark as spam" from webmail (when you log in from www.bell.net) - this will ensure the team managing the Bell email service will be aware of this specific spam campaign and can investigate & block it

I am a former Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JD
Regular Contributor II

Smells like a scam......they try to create a scenario of urgency to get you to click.  Just login to your Bell email using webmail www.bell.net and NOT the link in the email.  If Bell needs you to do anything.....you would get the notice from there.

Hope
Contributor

Have received two emails today that look very suspicious, but claim to come from Bell mail.

Both have words to tap on for links.  Of course I have not.

One claims outgoing emails have been suspended due to my stepping past the line on outgoings allowed , the other just tells me to tap to upgrade my system.  
I am sure these are scams of some sort and posting here so people take a look before hitting any hidden links

John-Davidson
Contributor III

Please click "Mark as spam" from webmail (when you log in from www.bell.net) - this will ensure the team managing the Bell email service will be aware of this specific spam campaign and can investigate & block it

I am a former Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

BellPatricia

Hi @BuckhornBilly. Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community. 

We'd like to dig into this a little deeper. Can you please send a copy of that phishing email to abuse@bell.ca

- Patricia