Bell email address - from old account to new

BeardedOne
Contributor

I have an email account (sympatico.ca) under previous Bell account. The ex has taken over that Bell account. I have a new Bell account. How can I get the sympatico.ca account from my old Bell account put under my new Bell account? 

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Noone. Thanks for your post and welcome to the Bell Community. 

It may be possible to request a transfer of your Bell email address to another active Internet account when you cancel. If the account that you wish to transfer your email address to is under someone else's name you will both need to give permission for the email transfer to be done. 

Let the Community know if you have any other questions.

- Patricia

View reply in original post

21 REPLIES 21

BellPatricia

Hi there @BeardedOne. Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Bell Community 🙂

You and the account holder may be able to request/give permission to transfer the email address to your new account. However, there is no guarantee that the email domain can be transferred in all cases. 

- Patricia

BeardedOne
Contributor

Thanks. How do I make the request? Email someone? Call Bell? If so, what number or department? Any help would be ... helpful. 😀

BellPatricia

Hey @BeardedOne.

We've sent you a private message. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

- Patricia

Ali
Contributor

I have an existing Bell Internet account which I need to cancel. How can I transfer existing bell emails to the new Bell internet account?

Hi @Ali. Welcome to the Bell Community 🙂

Just to clarify, are you looking to transfer saved emails to another email account, or would you like to transfer your Bell email address to another Internet account?

Keep the Community posted.

- Patricia

I have an existing bell internet account - (planning to cancel the service as Sept 15). They are 13 emails associated with that account that need to be transfer to the new bell internet account service starting date is Sept 2, 2022.

Thanks for the clarification @Ali.

When cancelling Internet simply request that we check to see if your email addresses can be transferred to the other Internet account (it is not guaranteed that the transfer can be completed). 

If that account is under someone else's name you will both need to give permission for the email transfer to be done. 

- Patricia

Please share the contact phone number to cancel the existing service and transfer the emails to the new account.

Hey @Ali.

We've sent you a private message. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window