Deleting my recordings

roadbikret
Contributor

why are you deleting my recordings from my pvr when it's not full?

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @roadbikret 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
Are you able to verify for the Community which receiver model you have?
As for the recordings, even if your PVR is not completely full the receiver will still delete older recordings from the harddrive to make room for future recordings that are scheduled. 

Community is here if you have any further questions. 

View reply in original post

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I suspect the hard drive is on its last legs. It will probably quit one of these days. Some of your recordings may not complete. There may see multiple partial recording duplications, black screens, errors, recordings missing, etc.. Five years is a long time for reading & writing on a continual basis to a hard drive.

As @AlexS  said in his reply "it' might be time for a replacement".

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

View reply in original post

20 REPLIES 20

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

What’s your dvr & how many hours are left?

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

roadbikret
Contributor

Space

4K - 150 hrs., HD - 320 hrs., SD - 880

Remaining

4K - 24 hrs., HD - 51hrs.., SD - 129 hrs

Please let us know why some older recording are being deleted. We check our storage level on a regular basis

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

That’s the very large 5662 box right? How many upcoming recordings do you have everyday? When I used to have the big box, it can only save 288 hrs of content.

Hi there @roadbikret 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
Are you able to verify for the Community which receiver model you have?
As for the recordings, even if your PVR is not completely full the receiver will still delete older recordings from the harddrive to make room for future recordings that are scheduled. 

Community is here if you have any further questions. 

I have TWO bell dvrs model 5662W because bell advertises broadcasting in 4K but you need a dvr to get it on a 4K tv.  I pay $20/month for the extra dvr and think I should keep my recordings if I want, such as some older movies I haven't seen, otherwise stop charging me for the extra dvr.  I watch different things on bell but also watch movies with other providers as I can get movies with an annual subscription rather than paying an arm and a leg for one from bell.

My monthly bell bill costs plenty and I really don't get decent movies on it.

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

So you only have a nominal 320 hr of storage?

Hi there @roadbikret 
Within the settings for recordings you are able to set the recordings not to delete until you manually delete them. If you are worried about certain recordings being deleted, we would recommend doing this. Please be aware that if you do enough of this or set all your recordings to not automatically delete, it can impact future programs from not being recorded and the fast forward, rewind, pause, skip forward / backward functions may not work.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Community.

I have done this, but even though my recordings are all set to not delete until I erase, and I am only using 11% of my storage, it deletes all new recordings within 24 hours! 

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

how long have you been using this dvr?