Fibe TV Box 7802 and Universal Remote

auntlang
Contributor III

Is it possible to program a universal remote control to work with the new Fibe TV  Wifi set-top-box Arris VIP7802?  I am unable to find a code in order to do this.  I would like to be able to control everything with one remote.  Does anybody know the code? I contacted Bell directly and I didn't get the answer. 

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

KYE
Contributor II

Promising, but I have read the harmony remote supports the Arris VIP7802 through bluetooth, are you sure your remote is using the IR hub and not the bluetooth?  The Sofabaton U1 remote also supports bluetooth but only has the VIP7802 Bell Fibe TV box listed as supported under its IR capability.  As the Harmony remotes are being discontinued, I was looking for a currently supported Universal Remote product.  The Sofabaton U1 is inexpensive, slow for repeated clicks like bulk volume changes but works with my other IR equipment, supports macros and every button can be "learned".   If the IR option is included on all Bell Fibe TV boxes (VIP7802), it would be nice if Bell published or confirmed IR support to assist those of us with receiver/amps, and other IR controlled devices in our configurations. The Universal Remote manufacturers are starting to support the VIP7802 with the IR Option.

View reply in original post

33 REPLIES 33

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Probably not since even other Bell remotes can’t be paired with it. https://forum.bell.ca/t5/TV/Upgrade-the-Legacy-4K-dvr-to-the-Cloud-One/td-p/8538

But are you referring to these codes? https://support.bell.ca/_web/guides/TV/UserGuide/Receiver/1232/Slim-TV-Remote-Programming-Guide-en.p...
The two remotes look pretty similar and some parts look identical. Maybe you can give a try.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

auntlang
Contributor III

I don't want to use a bell remote control.  I want to use my own universal remote control, so I can control my sound bar, tv and fibe tv box .   None of the bell remotes will allow you to add another component, which is why I have always used a universal remote control.  I have my tv code and my sound bar code and they have been paired to my universal remote.  I cannot find the Bell Fibe 7802 box code in order to pair it to my universal remote. 

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

You can switch to other TV boxes if you don’t use Restart, watch 4K or non-4K recordings after 60 days. You merely need to use Bell remote if you wanna stop the recordings in progress, add manual recordings or arrange recording plan at full capacity. But things are changing. Today I turned on the Bell streamer, and in the streaming quality section, it added “ultimate (up to 4k)”, about 7.2G/h; in the guide section, it added restart icon for all “subscribed” channels, even for those on free preview. So they might allow 4K content on 3rd-party devices later.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

KYE
Contributor II

I have not yet received my Fibe TV box, the Arris VIP7802 but their specifications state it is available with IR as an option.  Theoretically if I/we use a universal learning remote, we can solve this problem of amplifier and other control with a single remote.  Now as far as I can tell, the remote supplied by Bell is just bluetooth but that alone does not mean the Arris VIP7802 box is ordered by Bell without the IR option at all.  If they did not include IR in the receiver, then the activation of my VIP7802 on my Sofabaton U1 universal remote will not work.  Also, because Bell does not supply an IR remote with the VIP7802, there is no remote to train a learning remote from.  It is critical that someone at Bell explain why they appear to have abandoned universal remote support for the users with receivers and other equipment.  If their VIP7802 has the IR receiving capability, then they need to let us know which remotes are available for purchase for the sole purpose of having something to train the universal remote with.  If they did not order their Arris VIP7802's with the IR option, then I am afraid they likely just lost a customer.  I want the universal remote support, I don't care about loosing voice control to get it.  My Fibe Box arrives in just over a week, should I cancel?

kibosh
Regular Contributor

The receiver definitely has an IR receiver. I am using a Logitech harmony hub without issue. 

Good to know. Thank you!

KYE
Contributor II

Promising, but I have read the harmony remote supports the Arris VIP7802 through bluetooth, are you sure your remote is using the IR hub and not the bluetooth?  The Sofabaton U1 remote also supports bluetooth but only has the VIP7802 Bell Fibe TV box listed as supported under its IR capability.  As the Harmony remotes are being discontinued, I was looking for a currently supported Universal Remote product.  The Sofabaton U1 is inexpensive, slow for repeated clicks like bulk volume changes but works with my other IR equipment, supports macros and every button can be "learned".   If the IR option is included on all Bell Fibe TV boxes (VIP7802), it would be nice if Bell published or confirmed IR support to assist those of us with receiver/amps, and other IR controlled devices in our configurations. The Universal Remote manufacturers are starting to support the VIP7802 with the IR Option.

kibosh
Regular Contributor

I do not think it is using Bluetooth as that would have required me to pair it, which I did not do.

When I get home later, I can try blocking the bell receiver’s line of sight to the hub to see if it works or not. 

kibosh
Regular Contributor

It is using IR . . . when I moved the bell receiver to the shelf above the logitech hub, it no longer worked.