Fibe tv keeps switching to Netflix/Amazon

Mollydog
Contributor

My Fibe tv keeps switching to Netflix while I am watching tv. It just kicks us out of whatever we are watching and launches Netflix. It’s completely random but will kick us out about once every 20 minutes. 

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

I think I've found a solution.    In my case, the problem occurred when using amazon prime video or Netflix, accessing either through the bell PVR.   I have found if you exit/quit the application in use from the applicable application menu,  the switching from fiber tv to the application last used stopped altogether. 

So try exiting the application  altogether when you have finished using the application and see if that helps

View reply in original post

Good afternoon everyone 🙂

We've been able to dig into this a bit deeper and we found that if the app you are using crashes, whichever app you were using prior to that will automatically re-launch.

If you continue to experience any trouble, in addition to the suggestion posted by @Martinacan we recommend the following:

• Clear the cache and data on the Fibe TV app.
  • Uninstall and Reinstall the application (if possible on your device).
  • Factory reset your device/receiver.

Let us know if these steps work for you.

- Patricia

View reply in original post

28 REPLIES 28

BellPatricia

Hi there @Mollydog,

Welcome to the Bell community, and thank you for reaching out. 

Interesting. Can you share what type of receiver you're using, and if it happens on more than one receiver in your home? 

Does this occur while you watch live TV, On Demand and recordings?

Our first recommendation would be to reboot all of your equipment (TV receiver(s) & modem), and then test to see if continues to happen.

We hope to hear back from you soon.

- Patricia

We have the Fibe Tv Box. The problem occurs when we are watching live tv and when we are watching recordings. It is only happening to one of our receivers. We have it hooked up to our LG smart tv. I have reset the tv the receiver and the modem. I’ll let you know if the problems persist. 

my LG tv just started doing the same thing. Four times in the last 1.5 hours. Made sure remote of firestick wasn’t jammed against something. Not the case. Still unsure what’s going on

Hi there @MickJagger 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bell Community.

Does this only happen while you are using the Fibe TV app? 

Is your TV switching over to the Netflix channel on the Fibe TV app or to the Netflix app your TV set?

Hope to hear from you soon.

- Patricia

doubrie
Contributor

The same thing is happening to us. We are using the Fibe TV box. The remote is not jammed against anything. This has happened while watching recordings and while watching the program. the TV will switch to YouTube. It has happened numerous times in 1 and a half hours.

Good afternoon @doubrie,
Thank you for reaching out to the Bell Community.
Can you clarify if the YouTube app on your TV set is opening up or if it is the YouTube app on your Fibe TV box?
Please reboot your equipment, and ensure the Fibe TV box is plugged securely into your TV set with no third party equipment in between.
Keep the Community posted.
- Patricia 

My Fibe Tv has been going off the channel why I am viewing to Prime station. It has happened too often.

Could someone explain why is switch off automatically.

Thanks

Beatrice

Good afternoon @Blena,

Welcome to the Bell Community.

The Community needs more information to help. 

Please review our questions/suggestions in the thread above, and update us if you continue to have any trouble.

- Patricia

Ireland
Contributor

this also just happened to us. Pressed the PVR button and now we’re stuck on crave, Netflix and Prime.  It’s can’t get back to regular TV channels. I’ll try to reboot the modem but that seems excessive