Satellite Guide not updating

Dans
Contributor II

I’ve been a Bell TV customer for many years and for the very first time my guide information is not updating on any of my PVR‘s. 
After talking to a bell technician over a couple of days, they have found nothing wrong . I went through their troubleshooting instructions with a Bell technician. I went through their troubleshooting instructions over the phone and nothing worked. 
All of my pvr’s Show no information available, except for the first hour or two of the guide listing. 
They are only suggestion now is to upgrade all my PVR’s, which won’t happen. I will sooner cancel my service then spend $1500 on PVR’s. I suspect there is a problem with the switch up in the dish.They are only suggestion now is to upgrade all my PVR’s, which won’t happen. I will sooner cancel my service then spend $1500 on PVR’s. I suspect there is a problem with the switch up in the dish.Any help would be welcome
DB

10 REPLIES 10

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Have you called Satellite technical support and opened a ticket? Have you resynched your receiver from the MyBell App? A service call from a Bell technician may be worthwhile. 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Dans
Contributor II

Yes I have done all of above. These’s steps were done on all 3 of my receivers a number of times. 

Dans
Contributor II

Further to my initial post - none of my timers show any shows to be recorded, which I assume the system relies on the guide to perform this function. The other thing I noticed is that none of my shows that actually show up within the guide at the current hour + 1 no longer will automatically record that show. I have to manually set a timer.

The switch when tested from each receiver show green or good. So not happy about this at all.

Hi there @Dans,

Thank you for reaching out to the Bell Community.

Can you share what type of TV receivers you are using? Is the Guide info missing from all channels, or from some in particular?

If the receivers have a Smart Card we recommend that you take the card out of your receiver and wipe it with a clean cloth to help remove any dust that may be on it. Then you can put the Smart Card back into your receiver, and test to see if the TV Guide loads up.

Keep the Community posted on how everything is going.

- Patricia

Hi - I opened up the receiver 9400 and it was quite dusty inside. I blew the dust out, but now it fails to boot up. I think the hard drive is defective and was going bad. I have ordered a replacement drive as I own this box, so IF it ends up working then good. The boot up it goes through seems to be a blue screen, then dark screen, then blue screen, dark screen continuously. I will try to clean the smart card and see if that does anything different.

One thing that I found was by powering down this receiver, but leaving it plugged into the coax and removing the power cord -  the guide information on my other receivers came back after this one was basically off line.

????

Dan

I'll see if I can get it boot up

Dans
Contributor II

My receivers are a 9400, 9242 and a 6131. This last one the guide info didn't update like the 9242 did after taking the other one off line.

Dan

Good morning @Dans, and thanks for your reply 🙂

That is an interesting observation, and we hope you will let the Community know how everything turns out once you receive a replacement hard drive.

Have a nice day,

- Patricia

Dans
Contributor II

Hi,

So I received the replacement drive and installed it. After plugging it in, the screen flashed blue a few times then I got and error message 311 which indicates an error with the hard drive. I ok'ed that message then it proceeded to boot up and I now have a limited guide info for about 2 hours worth. 

I expected the drive to have to go through some sort of formating process - but didn't see that it did that. IS there anything else I need to do at this point or do I just wait for the system to format the drive?

Any help would be appreciated. This drive is an equivalent 1TB sized drive as the original one no longer is available.

Thanks 

Dan

Hey @Dans
Thank you for updating the Community 🙂
Can you clarify the make/model of your other receivers. and your hard drive? Is the Guide accessible on your other receivers?

Do you see any instructions with the hard drive regarding how to format it?
- Patricia