Missing US channels

Turtledove
Contributor II

There was an update today (apr 23 2024) and there were no US channels. I couldnt watch TMZ or Family Feud.  The channels are not even listed on the package list. 

113 REPLIES 113

I do not see any notice, and was not aware of this change until the US channels disappeared.  February electronic bill doesn't contain anything about dropping US channels.  Bell is so in debt that they are trying to find money under every rock!  So I added the $3 US "package" and cancelled my $5 a-la-carte, with a net savings for me an a small loss for Bell.  This is a nasty surprise.  Sad really.  

I added the $3 US package and dropped Crave @ $20. 

gunner30
Contributor II

Perhaps the best way to state our point is to leave, get a firestick et al - pretty sad as I have Bell for all our family products. I miss PBS etc. and will be looking for alternatives - I pay much to Bell each month but in Canada, let us bring in alternatives. Been with Bell for over 40 years WOW

Why was it removed from Good package to Better. I guess it’s just another way to get money. Not impressed. 

I've lost all my American channels

Turtledove
Contributor II

Called Bell again this morning, as yesterday thet stated the would add the US package back on my accout. Todays recorded message stated they are "experiencing service disruptions with some tv channels".

Good morning everyone.

Thank you all for posting in the Bell Community 🙂

We want an opportunity to take a closer look at this situation, and we will be sending everyone a private message shortly. Please keep an eye on your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

- Patricia

GDS
Contributor

Same, all US channels removed. I didn't receive any notice. 

GDS
Contributor

I called and apparently the change to the packages was not to supposed to affect existing customer packages. It was only to take effect if you make a change or a new customer. They say it was a glitch. The restored the channels to me without charge as I should have had them grandfathered in.

You may have to call to get them to fix it because it doesn't like they are on top of it.

Yes. They added the package back on, but it's still not visible on the App. There is a disconnect somewhere, which im assuming that's what they're trying to figure out. The rep that added it back in yesterday said it would take about 20min to be reflected on my account, when i called back, another person said a few hours. Its been over 24hrs, and nothing. So there is definitely something wrong