Missing US channels

Turtledove
Contributor II

There was an update today (apr 23 2024) and there were no US channels. I couldnt watch TMZ or Family Feud.  The channels are not even listed on the package list. 

98 REPLIES 98

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Good Day & Welcome to the Bell Community Forum

Could you please provide me with some further details? Which tv subscription do you have with Bell? E.g. Fibe TV, Fibe App or  Satellite?

Which package do you subscribe to ? Good, Better, Best, Starter, Standard, Premium ? 

Are you still missing your U.S. stations? If so, which channels are you missing? Have you verified your channel listings in MyBell?

I have completed a check for the 2 stations you mentioned, Family Feud & TMZ, both are broadcasting & showing up as scheduled on the Bell TV Guide. TMZ -  Fox, CTV2, etc.  Family Feud - City TV, CBS, etc.

TV stations will sometimes pre-empt scheduled programming for any number of reasons. Eg. Sporting events, specials, news, etc.

Have you contacted anyone at Bell TV customer service? Bell Fibe: 1 866 797-8686  Bell Satellite: 1 888 759-3474

Let us know & we will work with you.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Big moose
Contributor

Same issue here about 9:15 last night all US channels gone disappeared. Sherbrooke Qc.

MJDR
Contributor

Same here. Ottawa.

thelawguy
Contributor

Same in Niagara area (Ontario)

Turtledove
Contributor II

So I called Bell. They I got conflicting information. He said something that those channels are part of their US programming package, but then said he'd add them in for me, but then when I asked if customers were notified of this change, then he said there was a system glitch. 

Turtledove
Contributor II

So here is the scoop. I called back, after the first person said he was readding the channels, to be told by another person that they sent out notification, in January (not sure how) that they were getting rid of US channels, and if we want them, we can add the package on for $3. So.. heres my concern, just like they did with PVR, im getting less service, but my bill was not adjusted for less service. I will definitely be reaching out to the CRTC.

crock
Contributor

Just back checked all bills back to Jan 2024 and there are no notices of the change to the missing channels. Just a notice in March of a $3:50 increase. Now they want $3 more....nice. I think I'll contact the CRTC also.

Same issue with me (Ottawa); definitely was not notified by Bell on these change, searched my e-mail, went through all the invoices back from Dec, there is no related communication on this from all the "messages" I've got from each invoice. Definitely will join you to file complaint to CRTC

So, will our Bell Fibe TV be discounted since we are no longer able to access this content?