Satellite Guide not updating

Dans
Contributor II

I’ve been a Bell TV customer for many years and for the very first time my guide information is not updating on any of my PVR‘s. 
After talking to a bell technician over a couple of days, they have found nothing wrong . I went through their troubleshooting instructions with a Bell technician. I went through their troubleshooting instructions over the phone and nothing worked. 
All of my pvr’s Show no information available, except for the first hour or two of the guide listing. 
They are only suggestion now is to upgrade all my PVR’s, which won’t happen. I will sooner cancel my service then spend $1500 on PVR’s. I suspect there is a problem with the switch up in the dish.They are only suggestion now is to upgrade all my PVR’s, which won’t happen. I will sooner cancel my service then spend $1500 on PVR’s. I suspect there is a problem with the switch up in the dish.Any help would be welcome
DB

17 REPLIES 17

My other receivers are a 9242 and a 6131. They are both only showing limited guide information of about 2 - 2.5 days worth as my 9400 is showing.

There were no instructions on how to format the drive. Until that is done the PVR function will be disabled. 

Thanks for your inquiry.

Dan

Good day @Dans 🙂

Can you try to manually download the TV Guide? Simply press the Guide button and select the channel in question. Then press the right arrow button five times. Note: Attention 330 should appear on the screen when the program guide is being downloaded.

Let us know what happens when you try that out.

- Patricia

Hi - I did that many times but it has no affect on the guide info. I am going to close this question as I was able to purchase a used 4200 that works. I have returned the purchased HD and will not spend any more time on this.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Debbb
Contributor II

All my 6131 receivers not updating guides. Today only one hour ahead. Fluctuates to 24 hrs maximum

any suggestions to get back the 7 day availability for program guide. One day it’s one hour, The next day could be 24 hours. 

ALSO: every night at 7:48pm the main TV receiver is doing g the “system integrity check”

Most annoying as we like to PVR shows ahead! Any help would be appreciated 

Debbb
Contributor II

Sorry!      6131 Receivers NOT updating guide

Hey there @Debbb,
Welcome to the Bell Community, and thank you for reaching out. 
Were there any changes to your equipment, or an interruption to the electricity before that issue started?
When happens when you try downloading the Guide using your remote (just press the Guide button and select the channel in question. Then press the right arrow button five times)?
Typically 'system integrity check' is a routine update that is required to make sure your software is up to date. Can you share the make of your main TV receiver, and let us know if there an external hard drive connected to that receiver?
- Patricia

Debbb
Contributor II

6131 receiver with an external pvr. We noted all our receivers were having an issue with the guide not updating. Even when we forced the update. I assumed at that point was a bell satellite issue. Called bell, technician was here in 2 hrs and re positioned the dish. All guides now updated!

So having seen the other post about guide issues I checked my dish setup and also found it's signal strength to be around 62% - so I repositioned the dish to get at least 82% on the default transponder and it now downloads a full weeks worth of guide info or there abouts.