TV is in standby mode after 4 hours

jooyeonhan
Bell Employee

I use Fibe TV and it's in standby mode every 4 hours unless I change channel. Is there a way to set longer time?

I am a Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.
17 REPLIES 17

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

You have already checked all options in the settings? Someone on the forum said there was no way to set a different standby time before sleeping, so it could be it doesn’t have this function.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Keep getting a message on screen saying you’re receiver will be shut down as lack of use but we have been watching for hours happening all the time and we are watching it.

Brenda01

AnnJ
Contributor II

I leave my TV on for my dogs when I'm away.  Given the maximum time of 8hrs, the receiver goes into standby.  My challenge with this is that the screensaver that is applied by the receiver has now burnt the Bell logo into the middle of my TV screen.  Is there a way to a) extend the 8hrs or b) fix the screensaver as given the burnt in Bell image on my TV, I've needed to buy a new TV and don't want to install it until such time as this issue is resolved.  What are my options?

Stha2022
Contributor

I have the same issue but for my cat.  I unsubscribed from the FIBE TV service because I know it is not a priority for Bell to resolve this problem.

HE SHOOTS HE PLEASE USE OK/Select to Continue Viewing

also:  It;s a long pass to the end zone it;s PLEASE USE OK/SELECT CONTINUE VIEWING.

The new VIP7802 TV Box has made the automatice screen saver situation even worse thanbefore because the maximum time between screen saving is only  2 hours  instead of 4 or 8 hours with previous versions.

Is there a way to disable the screensaver entirely?  I'm willing to take full responsibility for any burn in that might occur.

Is there a clear definition somewhere of what constitutes activity i.e. what stops the screen saver from auto activting?  Would bumping the audio volume up/down constitute activity?

Would it be possible to set a hgiher time limit before the screen saver turns on automatically?

e.g 4 hours or 8 hours.?

How can I change the four hour standby feature on my Fibe TV?

As far as I know there is no way to change the standby feature time.  I wish there was!

Good day!

The standby timer is not a setting that can be adjusted or changed on Bell Fibe TV. If there is no activity, it is set at 4 hours to help prevent TV screen burn in.

Thanks for reaching out to the Bell Community Forum.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.