What happened to the fibe app on web browser?

schor
Contributor II

Looks like the interface changed for the worse. The guide does not take me directly to what is currently playing and I now have to click the play button. Who comes up with this? More clicks instead of less clicks? Ok, ya everyone is loving that.

Anyone know how to get the old interface back?

46 REPLIES 46

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Yeah probably most websites update in this way.

Well, even Apple and Android don't have simple ways to revert, let alone a regional telco.

Do you guys use the website just for convenience? The max picture quality is the same as mobile devices, 2.1G/h, while on TV it's a whopping 3.8! Much lower than the 2nd tier for 2.7 and closer to the 3rd 1.8 tier on TV. You also get customizable closed captions and better playback control cause controlling fingers is usually easier than mouse.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

schor
Contributor II

I never use mobile. 90% of my waking hours is spent in front of my 4 4k monitors.

spaceman1967
Contributor III

I don't use mobile but do you laptop to watch about a 40% of the time

FredFlint
Contributor II

Agree with all of these posts. What a horrific "upgrade". Removal of the side menu and having to exit full screen mode just to see what is on other channels is such a step back it must be a mistake by a junior employee that does not know what it was like when Guide was not invented. Feel like I'm back in the 70s. Next we will be forced to stand up and walk across the room to change the channel. 

Perfect analogy...thanks for the memories/reminder😁

Since the recent update to the Fibe app on my PC the Guide page is very slow to load (about 20 sec to populate all the fields). Same thing when I scroll up or down. Before the update there was no noticeable delay. I have Fibe 50 service which was running at 39 Mbps on my last speedtest. Viewing a program on my PC (or on a TV) works fine. I reboot my PVR daily.

TVO
Contributor II

Suggest people escalate to Bell through this website https://support.bell.ca/how-to-resolve-a-concern

You can also write to CRTC through the info on that page. The On Now menu doesn't even show all channels including tax payer supported channels CBC, TVO and CPAC which likely have regulatory requirements to be accessible to everyone.

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

afaik the 2.1G/h cap applies no matter what resolution the monitor has.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

schor
Contributor II

Correct, just saying I spend my time infront of large screens.

Why was the interface (screen) on my computer change. Is was working super well and now it’s not.

You can’t watch and browse. You have to go to the guide to see what on now.

If it’s not broke don’t fix it.

This upgrade is a change for the worst.

Thank you