Add other sympatico.ca email addresses to existing Webmail - External Account Authentication Failure

TorontoVP
Contributor

Hello,

In the older version of Webmail I could add my other Sympatico email addresses on the left hand column under the main email account. Now in the new version of Webmail the other Sympatico email accounts have disappeared. How do I get access to them in the new version. One cannot use the "Import email account" under Mail Settings, as that is for use in an email software not web based email. Is that correct?

Why doesn't Bell fully test out the new version to make sure that all of the main basic features working in the older version are brought over to the new version successfully,  before releasing it to the public!!!

Sincerely.

34 REPLIES 34

Pj
Contributor III

feels like we've been left blowing in the wind doesn't it?
And still, our internet fees continue to rise...
in the almost 6 months since this problem's occurred i've seen little response / help from Bell or any indication when they expect things to improve...

@Beelzebobby 

Have you tried the steps outlined in @BellPatricia's post above? Email password issues - Invalid CredentialsOpens in a new tab or window

It is important to log out of all email sessions on any and all devices you have + clear your cookies and cache. Once you've completed that wait 10 minutes before trying to log back in.

You must make sure that all sessions on all devices are logged out. If not, then the process may not fully work and you may still experience issues.

If you have logged out of all sessions on all devices, from there you can clear your cookies and cache and update your password. Once completed, log in and try to add your email addresses again.

If you have completed all those steps and you're still having issues and do not currently already have a ticket open, please let us know.

Dfed
Contributor II

Question, Why is this flagged as helpful ?? Am I missing something, mine is still NOT allowing me to import my other email accounts with the same error every time "External account connection failure" . ALSO, I still can not send/CC or BCC etc. emails to myself from my other accounts. Seems to me they want everyone to switch to bell.net ! *PLUS, you can not create a new "bell.net" account using numbers anymore. So if you are thinking like me to eventually, when they make "@sympatico.ca" unusable, to simply change that email address to bell.net that has a number in it.......YOU CAN'T.

DKG
Contributor II

Unhelpful. STILL a problem.....how many months now ?? What is Bell doing to resolve?

Dfed
Contributor II

Just playing around and discovered that if you DO NOT CHECK the use SSL with the “outgoing server address” the account you are attempting to add will then be added. Next step is to find out why it will not add it when SSL is checked. BUT, I still can not email/CC or BCC myself with ANY of my own accounts. The saga continues.